i want to remove windows xp home edition and then try to r..

i want to install the windows xp on my computer because
is to stupid... but i already have that windows...
i can´t remove the program from my computer...
what i have to do to remove and then re_install?
4 answers Last reply
More about remove windows home edition

    These are the instructions to format and reinstall. NOTE: this will
    completely wipe your drive and you will lose all current files on that drive
    unless you first backup your data to another location. There is no means of
    simply removing Windows unless you upgraded from a previous version in which
    case you could remove XP through add/remove programs in control panel:
    Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive, boot with the XP
    CD in the drive. If it isn't or you are not sure, you need to enter the
    system's BIOS. When you boot the system, the first screen usually has
    instructions that if you wish to enter setup press a specific key, when you
    see that, do so. Then you will have to navigate to the boot sequence, if
    the CD-ROM drive is not first line, set it first in the boot sequence. Save
    your settings and exit with the XP CD in the drive. The system will reboot.

    A few screens into the boot process, if you see the message on the boot
    screen to "Press any key in order to boot from the CD," do so.

    After loading drivers and files, you should be taken to a screen with
    the following:

    To Setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
    To Repair a Windows XP Installation using Recovery Console press R.
    To Quit setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

    In your case, press ENTER.

    Agree to the License agreement by pressing F8.

    You will then be taken to a screen with two options.

    To repair the selected Windows XP installation press R.
    To continue installing a fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing,
    press ESC.

    This will bring you to a partition map where you
    can delete, create and format partitions.
    Select the drive you wish to format, delete the partition, then create a new
    partition, format as desired and continue with XP installation.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    i want to install the windows xp on my computer because
    is to stupid... but i already have that windows...
    i can´t remove the program from my computer...
    what i have to do to remove and then re_install?

    Greetings --

    Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
    installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

    HOW TO Install Windows XP

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    i want to install the windows xp on my computer because
    is to stupid... but i already have that windows...
    i can´t remove the program from my computer...
    what i have to do to remove and then re_install?

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:16:23 -0700, David scratched out the following:

    > i want to install the windows xp on my computer because is to stupid...
    > but i already have that windows... i can´t remove the program from my
    > computer... what i have to do to remove and then re_install?

    Huh? What are you saying????

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:16:23 -0700, David wrote:

    > i want to install the windows xp on my computer because is to stupid...
    > but i already have that windows... i can´t remove the program from my
    > computer... what i have to do to remove and then re_install?

    huh? what you saying?

Configuration Computers Windows XP