EVGA for overclocking

bphoto

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I'm buying a EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 and want to know the best way to overclock this GPU...

theocazou

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Start with a minor overclock i.e. 25-50mhz and check if it stable (its not overheating or your computer isnt crashin) then reapeat untill your unstable.

make sure your temps are bellow 80c at all times and that your stress testing it with a program like furmark.

once you have added around an extra 100mhz and its stable i whould step down the overclocks to about 10-25mhz.

although i doubt your going to get anything over about 1000mhz

The 550Ti is not a very good card to be overclocking and with it already being clocked past the reference clock of 900mhz , the card is currently running at 951 mhz.
What you can do is load the software program Precision-x , which is on the install cd that you have and that program can be used for overclocking and setting the fan to compensate for the heat. The program also allows you to add voltage to the core to help in the overclock.
I would read up on some benchmaking sites and what they were able to get overclocking that card.
Annandtech.com
3DGuru.com
Hardocp.com
These are some good site to visit and get some info from before you start.