meskis1995

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Hello,

I'm looking for 64 GB SSD. Which of them is best performance/price SSD? I m thinking of Crucial M4 and Corsair Force 3. Is there any other option?

First off there is much less performance difference than the "Advertize" speed.
Advertized speed is normally for the Sequencial read/writes which is the LEAST important factor for a OS +_Program drive.
Good Read: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4421/the-2011-midrange-ssd-roundup

Crucial M4 is a good choice - Note the newest firmware gives a nice performance boost.
Samsung 470 - While this is a sata 2 drive and the Seq read/writes are about 1/2 the Sata III drives the Random 4 K read/writes are pretty good and cpmparable to sata III drives (slightly less). BUT THIS drive has the LEAST problems/complaints.

Corsair F3 - uses the same controller as the the "Plug and PRAY" OCZ SF22xx drives. Has the highest compatability problems. The High Seq read/writes are inflated as the bench mark normally quote4d uses data that is easily compressable. When compressed data is used (ie as in AS SSD benchmark) the results are NOT so impressive.

Note: I have 2 128 Gig M4's and two OCZ Agility IIIs (uses the SF22xx controller). I recommend the M4 or the Samsung 470