Last response: in Systems
November 3, 2009 3:29:58 PM

I have the following system currently primarily used for gaming:

EVGA Nvidia NForce 680i SLI ATX Mobo
EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core Duo@ 2.4 Ghz.
620W power supply (SLI Certified)
2 Gig COrsair Dominator DDR2 RAM
XP Pro currently (will likely update to 7)

My question is would I be better off just buying a new system or can I still get good gaming out of this current setup with some upgrades? My concern is the MOBO and Processor holding me back even if I upgrade to a newer card (GeForce 275), but I'm no computer expert so I'd like a bit of advice.

Some additional information: Money isn't really the bottleneck for me, I have no problem buying a new PC, my issue is I'm not comfortable building my own (I've never done it but I have a very short attention span, very little spare time, and a general dislike for technical work). That said, if I can continue to work this current system with some upgrades I'd be happy with that as it means I don't have to re-load/download my current game library (Steam particularly could be a long process).

I appreciate any input.

(edited to repair the wall of text spam; my apologise to anyone who suffered bleeding eyeballs)
November 4, 2009 1:37:44 AM

you should be good...have you done any benchmarks in game ie: crysis or far cry 2 to see what kind of fps you get???? That would give you a great idea. Also, building a pc is soooo easy..just follow online tutorials LOL...but thats just me....I would stick with what you got..computer technology advance at such a great rate, that new stuff is probly right around the corner in the next 6 to 12 months. Game ON!!!!
m
l
!