P7p55d and corsair memory problem

G

Hello,
hi, im having trouble with a p7p55d pro mobo and my memory ram, they are corsair cmx4gx3m2a1600c9, i run the memtest with 1 stick and it is fine but when im running it with 2 stick or more it frezze, same think happens when im running games like mass effect. who can i fix tthe proble in my hardware? is it bad memory? or bad mobo?

sparks48

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Similar motherboard (p7h55m-pro) but same memory and same problem. Gone through second set of memory. Memory OK to use with this mb according to asus and I did not make any changes to the default settings in the bios. Did you find a solution? I'm thinking of throughing the entire pc and going back to 775 dual core. its fast enough without any problems.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Download a copy of memtest86+ and make a bootable CD with it. Boot to this CD and run the memory test for about 4 hours. This test runs outside of Windows and finds RAM errors, if there are any.

Other than this, check and compare your BIOS version against the one on the Asus support web page. If yours is old, update your BIOS to the latest version.