royalkhan1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Hi All
I have Dell e1405 and I had 120 GB hard disk in it.I bought new seagate solid state hybrid 500GB and I cloned it with
EZ Upgrade by Apricorn.Cloning was successful.I turn off the laptop remove the old hard disk put the new hard disk in it try to start the computer window is not booting and computer not recognizing the new hard drive. I am not technical at all please please help me what I can do to make my laptop run.
Thank you all.

athornfam2

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011

make sure that the cable is in properly and check any other cables to make sure they are nice and snug. If all is good try installing windows xp on the SSD to see if it boots

anjani11

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Dear, I know you clone all Hard Disk 120 Gb to 500 gb. Now Please remove all partition of your New Hard Disk then create 2, 3 or as your need, then Clone partition by partition either by Ghost of any other which you have. And then remove old hdd and attach New and enjoy........ ............. RAJ

athornfam2

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011

then just install xp or windows 7 (bootable thumbdrive) and just move your stuff over its a lot faster

royalkhan1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Hi raj
I am not that technical would u mind to explain step by step how I can remove partition because there no partition in new hard drive . You know what you are saying but I don't know how to do it so please if u don't care to explain in easy way and add some step how to do it .I really appreciate ur help. Thank you

royalkhan1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I put my old hard disk in my laptop and attach this through USB it did show up in drive letter but the strange this is it just showing just 110 gb actuall size is 500 gb I tried to initialize that it tell me it need to be format and I will lose all data

royalkhan1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Wel thanx all I was able to fix every thing and I will suggest all don't use EZ upgrade at all with Dell laptops because when you clone it will shrink ur hdd to the size of you old hdd ... Reason is media center. I used hitachi solution from hitachi web site download disk image from there and resize my brand new hard disk to it's full capacity then from then used media center cd to make a boot and install new window. Thank you all fir your help