Pci slots dosent seem responsive

G

I've built my system around january this year.
The board i used is a MSI x58 pro-e. I've not a single hardware failure or any kind of major problems till today.

So today i turn on the computer and realize that the wireless adapter attached to the pci slot wasnt working.
So i tried another pci slot and that didn't work as well. At first i thought it was the problem with my card, so i tried an older wireless adapter i had and inserted into both pci slots and didn't work. The video card in the pci-e slot still works though.

I'm really not sure what has failed here because when i insert the card into the pci, a blue led lights up, which according to the manual, means the pci slot is responsive, even though the wireless cards aren't getting any power.

I've tried cmos reset and that didnt work :(.
I'm really clueless what would've caused this. I've been away for almost 3 weeks and this is the first time i turned it on since i left and before i left, everything was functional. What has failed here? Both the wireless cards or the mainboard?

G

the device shows up when plugged in, but with an exclamation mark next to it. When i check the property it shows the location of the slot where its plugged into.

G

ok so umm i tried my older wireless adapter again and apparently it works. So I guess that confirms its not the problem with pci slot.

But the other wireless card that i often use still dont work. In the device manager, there is an exclamation mark next to the adapter and in the status box it gives me a code 35 error. It basically tells me to update my bios firmware.

So i went to msi website and flashed my bios to the latest. But its still not working :(. Installing the driver for the card didnt work either.

my os is win7 64b and the card not working is linksys wmp600n..forgot to mention that.

G

yea it was working 100% before i went on a 3 week absence.

but seriously what could of caused it? isnt the psu supposed to protect the hardwares from electric surges?