Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Filter guide by "NOT Paid Programming"?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 11:49:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

I see that it's easy to filter the guide to show only movies, only
sports, and so on. Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
described as "Paid Programming"? On a weekend morning it seems like 75%
of the shows on my Comcast digital cable are infomercials.

I tinkered with excluding infomercials in a category (genre) Wishlist,
but to my surprise commercial programming is not listed as a genre. It's
a HUGE category of programming, yet I didn't see it in TiVo's list of
categories.

Thanks.
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 1:40:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

In article <mNGUe.2279$JN5.1530@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
Johnson-Sanders <john-san@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I see that it's easy to filter the guide to show only movies, only
> sports, and so on. Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
> described as "Paid Programming"? On a weekend morning it seems like 75%
> of the shows on my Comcast digital cable are infomercials.
>
> I tinkered with excluding infomercials in a category (genre) Wishlist,
> but to my surprise commercial programming is not listed as a genre. It's
> a HUGE category of programming, yet I didn't see it in TiVo's list of
> categories.
>
> Thanks.

Yes, Filter out PPV channels (99-199) from your favorites and view
Favorite channels.
September 11, 2005 5:02:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote in news:jackzwick-
C395E6.16400210092005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:

> In article <mNGUe.2279$JN5.1530@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
> Johnson-Sanders <john-san@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> I see that it's easy to filter the guide to show only movies, only
>> sports, and so on. Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
>> described as "Paid Programming"? On a weekend morning it seems like 75%
>> of the shows on my Comcast digital cable are infomercials.
>>
>> I tinkered with excluding infomercials in a category (genre) Wishlist,
>> but to my surprise commercial programming is not listed as a genre. It's
>> a HUGE category of programming, yet I didn't see it in TiVo's list of
>> categories.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Yes, Filter out PPV channels (99-199) from your favorites and view
> Favorite channels.

Swing and a miss.

--
Minister of All Things Digital & Electronic, and Holder of Past Knowledge
stile99@email.com. Cabal# 24601-fnord | Sleep is irrelevant.
I speak for no one but myself, and |Caffeine will be assimilated.
no one else speaks for me. O- | Decaf is futile.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 6:40:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <mNGUe.2279$JN5.1530@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
> Johnson-Sanders <john-san@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
>>described as "Paid Programming"?
>
> Yes, Filter out PPV channels (99-199) from your favorites and view
> Favorite channels.

"Paid Programming", aka "infomercials", are *NEVER* shown on PPV
channels, to that bit of advice is completely useless.
-Joe
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 11:32:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

In article <M-GdnZ2dnZ3F8ZvznZ2dnetmvt6dnZ2dRVn-052dnZ0@comcast.com>,
Joe Smith <joe@inwap.com> wrote:

> Jack Zwick wrote:
> > In article <mNGUe.2279$JN5.1530@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
> > Johnson-Sanders <john-san@pacbell.net> wrote:
> >>Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
> >>described as "Paid Programming"?
> >
> > Yes, Filter out PPV channels (99-199) from your favorites and view
> > Favorite channels.
>
> "Paid Programming", aka "infomercials", are *NEVER* shown on PPV
> channels, to that bit of advice is completely useless.
> -Joe


I think "paid programming" was misinterpreted by the responder as PPV.

I long ago gave a Suggested infomercial three thumbs down and haven't
been bothered since. I don't see how you can keep them out of the
general listings.
!