8800 GTX is baked and Comes back to life!!!!

I have never seen proof of your statements. And if there is proof you could express it in a much more appropriate manor.

I have had many ATI, and Nvidia cards, and have never "melted" a card. The two hottest cards I have used were the 7950GX2 and x1900xtx. Both which ran over 90C under load. Video cards are made to handle higher temps than most components.

okini

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

You call me a nvidia fanboy and you are a dead hard ATI fanbou yourself ;P

okini

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Nothing wrong with that! my point is! whats wrong with liking a company more then another one? Do i need to like both ATI and Nvidia? is it so irittating when someone on the forum have a diffrent opinion about GPUs??

That is false. I am neutral. I use both cards and purchase the best card for what I want to use it for.

There is nothing wrong with favoring one company. Many people on this forum favor one brand. But there is something wrong with bashing the other.

okini

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

I liked ATI more before they came with these 5 series cause the old 4 series were way more bang for the buck than any 200 series nvidia! Best examples are the HD 4890 and the HD 4870x2. And when the 5 series arrived i expected HD 5870 to beat the GTX295 cause i realy wanted one of those! but instead the good old GTX295 humiliated the new DX11 5870. Thats why i dislike ATI these days. They never want to make a better card. They are stupid and they awlays want to be the inferiour brand.

The 5870 was not intended to beat the GTS295. The 295 is a dual GPU solution, and the 5870 is not. It was ment to replace the 4870. ATI's next dial GPU solution will replace the 4870x2. You are comparing two different classes of video cards.

Also, the 5xxx series is now. So they will carry a premium price. Just like every other new card that is introduced from either ATI or Nvidia.

Kari

Splendid

then how do you think they make the boards?

hint: print the solder paste, place the components and run it through a 400f+ reflow oven.... and repeat for the other side :pfff:

okini

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

WOW WOW slow down there pal. WTF am i doing wrong now?? im not bashing!