CM 212+ EVO & Memory Clearance

Medjah

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
So I have figured out that my RAM is going to not fit with my CPU cooler. My question to y'all is: Would getting a slimmer fan work? I understand the CFM of the slimmer fan is lower so how will this effect my cooling? I am also open to other solutions. I plan to OC @ 4-4.5GHz. Thanks in advance for input.

Here is what I have:

CM HAF X Blue
ASRock P67 E4 Gen3
i5 2500k
CM 212+ EVO
Rosewill 750 Gold PSU
Crucial M4 SSD
EVGA GTX 560 ti
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) Blue
Samsung DVD RW
Win 7 Ultimate

Medjah

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012

I did as much research as I could and it seems that the heat spreaders on the Corsair Vengeance is much taller than G.Skill. Although when I build my machine this week I will know for sure. Mostly I was looking for other solutions. But it is good to know your RAM fits. Maybe I won't have a problem.

Medjah

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
Just clip the fan a little higher on the heat sink.

I have thought about this as well and will try this if necessary. I have also thought about setting up the stock fan on the cooler as pull.

For the most part I am just looking for input. I plan to try multiple setups and record temps. It seems across this forum for a few years now people have been arguing what is better: push, pull, push/pull, etc. Ultimately though, I do realize each person will have different results due to case, other hardware etc.

Medjah

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
I haven't done tests with slimmer fans but currently I have the stock CM heatsink fan setup in a pull configuration and I hover around 32/33C at idle.

I did an hour stress test with Prime95 and the temp never went above 62C.

This is all on an i5 overclocked to 4.5GHz, AsRock P67 E4 Gen3 MB in CM HAF X