new to the Sims...need some newbie tips

I should of have been more precise. I have no sims experience. Im not
nieve to the whole concept. In fact, It seems very fun. But I have
traditionally played the FPS and MMPG type games.

But, the big question to me is..."where to start"? I do not want to go out
and buy Sims 2 just to realize I am already one game behind (ex. Sims2
expansion pack).

My pc is certainly up to spec for this game, but not my experience.

What version do I want to start with, and what links should get me going?

Thanks folks,
SL
6 answers Last reply
More about sims need newbie tips

    "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I should of have been more precise. I have no sims experience. Im
    > not nieve to the whole concept. In fact, It seems very fun. But I
    > have traditionally played the FPS and MMPG type games.
    >
    > But, the big question to me is..."where to start"? I do not want to
    > go out and buy Sims 2 just to realize I am already one game behind
    > (ex. Sims2 expansion pack).
    >
    > My pc is certainly up to spec for this game, but not my experience.
    >
    > What version do I want to start with, and what links should get me
    > going?
    >
    > Thanks folks,
    > SL

    Here's some links I find handy:

    http://thesims2.ea.com/news/
    http://modthesims2.com/news.php
    http://www.sims2.thesimsresource.com/index.php
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/36760.html
    http://sims.ambertation.de/

    Lots of readingat those links, which I will do. But I am thinking that the
    basic Sims 2 should be the first place to start.

    I just want to get started with a generic game. Im not into modding it to
    any degree yet. I just want a feel for the game in general.

    Is Sims 2 the game to start and stick with?

    thanks again,
    SL

    "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Is Sims 2 the game to start and stick with?

    Yes.

    thanks

    > "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Is Sims 2 the game to start and stick with?
    >
    > Yes.

    Well, there's no expansions yet, so no worries there. The mods are mostly
    just skins & "genetics" (hair, eye color, makeup). So, if you pick up sims2
    now, you'd be pretty much starting at ground floor with the game.

    Joanna

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:28:58 -0400, SL <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Lots of readingat those links, which I will do. But I am thinking that
    > the basic Sims 2 should be the first place to start.
    >
    > I just want to get started with a generic game. Im not into modding it
    > to any degree yet. I just want a feel for the game in general.
    >
    > Is Sims 2 the game to start and stick with?

    The expansion packs are all for the original Sims. None of them will work
    with Sims2. But the second game is so much better looking and more
    realistic, you will want that anyway.

Sims Games Video Games