new to the Sims...need some newbie tips

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 15, 2004 1:14:13 AM

I should of have been more precise. I have no sims experience. Im not
nieve to the whole concept. In fact, It seems very fun. But I have
traditionally played the FPS and MMPG type games.

But, the big question to me is..."where to start"? I do not want to go out
and buy Sims 2 just to realize I am already one game behind (ex. Sims2
expansion pack).

My pc is certainly up to spec for this game, but not my experience.

What version do I want to start with, and what links should get me going?

Thanks folks,
SL

More about : sims newbie tips

October 15, 2004 5:48:26 AM

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I should of have been more precise. I have no sims experience. Im
> not nieve to the whole concept. In fact, It seems very fun. But I
> have traditionally played the FPS and MMPG type games.
>
> But, the big question to me is..."where to start"? I do not want to
> go out and buy Sims 2 just to realize I am already one game behind
> (ex. Sims2 expansion pack).
>
> My pc is certainly up to spec for this game, but not my experience.
>
> What version do I want to start with, and what links should get me
> going?
>
> Thanks folks,
> SL

Here's some links I find handy:

http://thesims2.ea.com/news/
http://modthesims2.com/news.php
http://www.sims2.thesimsresource.com/index.php
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/36760.html
http://sims.ambertation.de/
October 18, 2004 11:28:58 PM

Lots of readingat those links, which I will do. But I am thinking that the
basic Sims 2 should be the first place to start.

I just want to get started with a generic game. Im not into modding it to
any degree yet. I just want a feel for the game in general.

Is Sims 2 the game to start and stick with?

thanks again,
SL
"o_O" <o_O@sendme.spam> wrote in message
> "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I should of have been more precise. I have no sims experience. Im
>> not nieve to the whole concept. In fact, It seems very fun. But I
>> have traditionally played the FPS and MMPG type games.
>>
>> But, the big question to me is..."where to start"? I do not want to
>> go out and buy Sims 2 just to realize I am already one game behind
>> (ex. Sims2 expansion pack).
>>
>> My pc is certainly up to spec for this game, but not my experience.
>>
>> What version do I want to start with, and what links should get me
>> going?
>>
>> Thanks folks,
>> SL
>
> Here's some links I find handy:
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/news/
> http://modthesims2.com/news.php
> http://www.sims2.thesimsresource.com/index.php
> http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/36760.html
> http://sims.ambertation.de/
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 19, 2004 12:13:41 AM

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is Sims 2 the game to start and stick with?

Yes.
October 19, 2004 1:29:33 AM

thanks

> "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Is Sims 2 the game to start and stick with?
>
> Yes.
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 6:07:49 AM

Well, there's no expansions yet, so no worries there. The mods are mostly
just skins & "genetics" (hair, eye color, makeup). So, if you pick up sims2
now, you'd be pretty much starting at ground floor with the game.

Joanna

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> But, the big question to me is..."where to start"? I do not want to go
> out and buy Sims 2 just to realize I am already one game behind (ex. Sims2
> expansion pack).

Anonymous
October 19, 2004 1:51:08 PM

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:28:58 -0400, SL <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Lots of readingat those links, which I will do. But I am thinking that
> the basic Sims 2 should be the first place to start.
>
> I just want to get started with a generic game. Im not into modding it
> to any degree yet. I just want a feel for the game in general.
>
> Is Sims 2 the game to start and stick with?

The expansion packs are all for the original Sims. None of them will work
with Sims2. But the second game is so much better looking and more
realistic, you will want that anyway.
!