File sharing in LAN enquiry

jame001

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
Here is the situation:

I have two dozen of PCs connected by switch and a router connected from the switch. So, i use my Laptop to connect (Wireless) through the router to the internet.

And here is the question:

Is that possible to share my files on my Laptop with the rest of PC using the router?

drj_the_knife

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I am sure that you have probably already tried this but am using a similar network. You can either share your "C:\" drive or create a new folder that you want the other people to be able to access and map it to a drive.
I use "N:\", (standing for network), and inside network I always have a folder called "install", for obvious reasons. All of my terminals have static IP's, they all connect to my wireless laptop no worries.
Have a good one mate

ntadmin101

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009

Yes it is. How you do this depends on how you're machines are setup. Are you in a workgroup or domain? Please don't share the root of your laptop's hard drive. You will be 0wn3d in a nano-second on some public wireless system. Do other people use those 12 machines? If you must share files with those machines, I would create and share one folder exclusively and deposite files in ot for the other machines to access.

Tell me what you want to do with this and I can suggest a safe solution for you.