thex81

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
I built a system about a month ago. Started putting it together but realized with the liquid cooling the block was not for my chipset. So I put it together anyway and it worked fine. I could play Crysis on High setting and WoW on the highest settings and I had no issues. Well about 4 days ago I finall got the block for my CPU so I decided to install my liquid cooling. Got it all together..but now I have horrendous video lag. I cant even play WoW let alone Crysis. And when I am trying to type my user name and password in sometimes it doesnt tyoe and sometimes it picks it's own letters to type. But that is only in games...as I am typing fune right now. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks for the help.

Thermaltake Black Kandalf LCS Full-Tower
EVGA X58 Classified Motherboard
Dual EVGA nVidia GTX 275 1792MB
Core i7 950
12G Corsair Core i7 Dominator PC12800 DDR3 RAM Tri-channel
2 Seagate Barracuda 7200 - 750GB
Kingwin Mach 1 Modular Power Supply - 1220w

What are the temps on your CPU? Run prime95 and post its idle and load temperatures, if the issue came about immediately after installing your need CPU block i would guess that something isnt making contact and transfering heat properly.

thex81

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
The temps I gave in my previous post are for the 4 cores. The all run about 1 to 3 degrees of eachother. The CPU has an idle temp of 19 degrees Celsius and working at 42 degrees celsius.

I am using EVGA E-leet tuning Utility for these temps.

thex81

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Okay I am now officially stumped...Pulled out the liquid cooled block and put back in my CPU Spin Cooler, just to see if that was the issue. It was not...it was actually 10 degrees hotter and the problem still remains. I turned off the SLI function to see if that was the problem...it was not I even started removing the cards and putting them in different slots...single and SLI...nothing. One of these cards should be abel to run WoW and Crysis. I ran 3Dmark Vantage and in SLI it only scores a 11790 and each single card only scores a 5000...this, from what I have seen, is incredibly low for this card. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this problem could be.

I am thinking the cards are shot...but I can't see how both cards went...they worked perfectly before I installed the Liquid Cooling.