Backlit Keyboards

Solution
Logitech G110 - Backlight and 12 "G Keys", never looked up price.
Logitech G15 - Backlight, 6 "G Keys" on newer and 18 on older style, and aux display. You should be able to find it on sale for $50-70 with a full price of $100.
Logitech G19 - Backlight, 12 "G Keys" and a full color aux display that can play video (YouTube, ect), and full powered USB ports (G15 is passive USB ports). Don't know about sale prices but full price is $200.

I have personally owned a older model G15 for a few years now and it works great. Also have the newer model of the G15 and chances are unless you troll Ebay for the older one it is the one you will get. But on my newer main system it has proven to be a good keyboard.

xln

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
i have the saitek eclipse and love it. i stared at it for 3 years before buying it... should have bought it right away. anyways, it's like 38 dollars on new egg and it's the best keyboard i've ever owned.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

Hehe Ive already got a good wireless logitech keyboard however Ive also been staring at the Logitech G15 for about a year now and I know there are newer boards coming out but Im thinking if I really need it.... I guess I should get one for my next build but get it today.... or soon and use it for now with my surrent system........

As you said you should have gotten it earlier, maybe I need to as well....

Aertea

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I actually didn't like my Eclipse all that much. A lot of light bleeds through around the keys, which I find unappealing.

I'm using a Razer Lycosa now, which is perfect for me, but I only paid about $40 for it, its $75 on newegg.

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I've owned both the Saitek eclipse II and Razer lycosa

The saitek keyboard is heavy and built like a tank, i'm rough on my keyboards tho so the arrow keys ended up wearing down and breaking off after a year or two. Not a bad keyboard tho.

The Razer lycosa is a light weight, well layed out keyboard. The keys are kinda low profile but once you get used to them it's a nice keyboard (they have a rubber coating on them).
The only problem i've had with mine is the touch sensor that changes the backlight (WASD cluster) stopped working after a few days (not an issue for me). I've had it for like 6 or 8 months now.

My lycosa is a nice board for typing/programming in the dark, which is the main reason I wanted it.
It also makes less noise than the eclipse when typing.
The lycosa gets my vote.

monsterman

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008

OMG I love my Saitek... I've beat the hell out of it ....and its never failed. Low profile...backlight... smooth...lightweight... all I need...PERFECT

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Logitech G110 - Backlight and 12 "G Keys", never looked up price.
Logitech G15 - Backlight, 6 "G Keys" on newer and 18 on older style, and aux display. You should be able to find it on sale for $50-70 with a full price of $100.
Logitech G19 - Backlight, 12 "G Keys" and a full color aux display that can play video (YouTube, ect), and full powered USB ports (G15 is passive USB ports). Don't know about sale prices but full price is $200.

I have personally owned a older model G15 for a few years now and it works great. Also have the newer model of the G15 and chances are unless you troll Ebay for the older one it is the one you will get. But on my newer main system it has proven to be a good keyboard.

Solution

Aertea

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I see, the problem is you don't understand what the term profile refers to. Its not the size of the keyboard, its the height of which the keys are elevated off the board, and thereby the distance the key needs to be pushed in order to register a keystroke.

monsterman

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008

You are correct then. Thanks for the clarification.