XFX 750i low FPS

jkraus

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Hello all, I recently had a Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS2 LGA 775 Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard that failed and replaced with XFX 750I SLI Motherboard and a new Power Supply. Now with all other hardware the same and re-installing Windows XP Home...The same games that used to run fine (ARMA2 and RAILWORKS) are now loading very slow and my FPS are extremely low. Looking for support on what might be going wrong. All NVIDIA drivers appear up to date and I see no issues in the device manager. Trying to identify why the performance is so poor with this new motherboard.
CPU - Intel Pentium 4 540 Prescott 3.2GHz 1MB L1 Cache
PSU - Ultra LS-500 P/S with 8 pin
RAM - PQI TURBO 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533Mhz
Video - NVDIA GeForce 8800GTS
Mobo - XFX MB-750I-72P9 (latest BIOS V1.41)

Sm1th

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
That is a weird problem...the first thing I would try is going into setup (BIOS) and setting the failsafe defaults to see if that doesn't change something. After that, if you feel brave, flash your BIOS to the latest update and do the failsafe defaults again. Good luck man.

jkraus

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Thanks. XFX support had me upgrade the BIOS to the latest (V1.41), we also tried various NVIDIA and EVGA drivers for the 8800GTS. I have been reading other forums on other sites that have been claiming performance issues with the 750i / NVIDIA chipset as well. I am tempted to buy a new MB with Intel chipset like I had before and see if it makes a difference. Anyone else out there upgrade to a 750i SLI MB while keeping their same CPU and memory? Just curious if others are experiencing slower than expected FPS in their games after switching to a 750i SLI MB. Thanks.

jkraus

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
I resolved the issue. It appears the CPU was not fully seated and perhaps some of the pins were not making good contact. I am not sure why the system was not unstable or crashing, but it definitely impacted the FPS during gaming.