lighter420

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Hello, i'm running a 2500k at 4.5ghz with a cooler master hyper212+ push/pull with arctic silver 5, in a cooler master storm scout case with decent air flow. I am wondering about temps really. Ran prime95 for 6 hours or so with no issues and temps looked ok. Now im wondering what the package temp is under core temps? Now of course it idles back down to 1600, but are my temps ok? I just basically game and such and temps are about 12-15 degrees cooler in game then the tests. Hope this image works and you can see it ok, using core temp and cpuid hardware monitor. Also i have been looking at liquid cooling as of late if it will drop temps quite a bit more, I'd like to keep price down under 150 or so.. Any help and or advice is very welcome. Thank you.

Untitled-1.jpg

Solution
Your temps are perfects. Its normal in games the temps to be lower then the stres test, because in games the CPU is not stresed 100%.
I have the same temps on i7 2600 ( without K) with Zalman Performa cooler.

lighter420

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Hi sosofm, thanks for the reply! I had no idea the 2600 would run that warm? I'm guessing you are running that at 3.8ghz with turbo but I guess that is maxing out the cores? Have you ever jumped into water cooling at all or recommend any sites? I see newegg really only has the corsair H-series (which has mediocre ratings) and blue led intel ones (looking for red/white or a good plain black one) pretty much same with tigerdirect.. Don't know much about it really so any advice is great. thanks

lighter420

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
hi kajabla, so i went and got a stable clock at 4.7ghz just messing around but temps are a couple degrees even warmer yet. think i am finding my limit at about 4.5 with the hyper 212+.. i am going to try and lower my voltage a bit and see if i can get it stable unless i want to take the danged thing off and try and sit it a bit better but i reaaaly dont feel like messing with that unless i just upgrade to something better.. any suggestions? i'd like to take it as far as i can..

lighter420

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Lol true that I always tell her it could be worse! Got a 3.52 stable temps are a little below 70 celcius still wondering what the package temp is it seems to be the highest.

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Those temps seems perfect to me. If you want a liquid cooling try to open this link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835203006

It has very good reviews and I also want this for my PC for future upgrades.