Loyal-T

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
I am currently running a Phenom II X4 970 with aftermarket compound but stock fan and heatsink. My idle temps are about 29-30 degrees celsius and under heavy load sit around 44-47. Are there any quality 92mm heatsinks that would offer temp improvements? Thanks for any help in advance.

Loyal-T

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
I have a relatively small mobo, though the case would certainly accomodate it. The problem with using the 212 is very simply it wouldn't fit over the RAM (I'm using Corsair and the built-on coolers don't give me enough leverage). It's good to know that my temps are desirable. I've searched high and low for a clear-cut answer on what good and bad temps may be but the responses have varied. It seems to me anything under 60-70 degrees heavy load is acceptable. I live in Florida as well, so keeping my components cool is a must.

I should also mention that it's about 77 degrees in this room, so I'm guessing that getting those temps with that ambient temperature (at night and with A/C on they can shoot down to about high-20s idle and high 30s/low 40s under load) is good?