Sign in with
Your question

Lucid Hudra Benchies

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 11:05:35 AM

http://hothardware.com/Articles/Lucid-Hydra-200-MultiGP...

Looking good, although I still have a lot of questions. (EG: Can a DX11/10 combo do DX11, or only DX10? Different forms of AA, etc).

More about : lucid hudra benchies

a c 273 U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 11:24:32 AM

gamerk316 said:
http://hothardware.com/Articles/Lucid-Hydra-200-MultiGP...

Looking good, although I still have a lot of questions. (EG: Can a DX11/10 combo do DX11, or only DX10? Different forms of AA, etc).

Lowest common denominator would suggest DX10 only, and as this is only a plug in board I'll wait for the real deal before passing comment other than I wish they would hurry up and release it so we can see it for real.
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 12:00:25 PM

Been waiting for awhile for somone else to post this, check out tech report also.
This explains why it was delayed, and not anything to do with nVidia
November 12, 2009 1:46:46 PM

Its pretty nice tech, scales a bit better than I expected, and drivers are still in beta. Remember how first SLI and CF drivers looked like? ;)  If devs will work hard on compatibility and features, Hydra might actually have a nice future.
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 2:05:31 PM

Wow, I'm impressed. Quite good for its first (of many, hopefully) generations.
a c 130 U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 5:09:24 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
Been waiting for awhile for somone else to post this, check out tech report also.
This explains why it was delayed, and not anything to do with nVidia

Where did my post go ? I sent a quoted reply to this this afternoon and its vanished. I did have a lighthearted dig at JD in it. Didnt spirit it away did you JD ? :D 

Mactronix
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 6:37:32 PM

^^ To let me post instead? Doubt that very much :D 

Seriously, I'd expect lowest common denominator supported, but we'll see. Different supported AA modes would be an interesting test case though...
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 6:45:13 PM

My infos came much earlier.
@ mac, moi? No, not this time. heheh. I wouldnt do that unless it breaks the rules, or someone else complains, and dont ask, couldnt say if someone did anyhow

J/K heheh
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 6:46:46 PM

Oh, and at gamer, check my posts in the cpu section to jennyh, I mentioned it there, oh, and also the requests for articles as well
November 12, 2009 6:50:48 PM

It just seems like you're going against the current when you try to get something like this to work.
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 7:02:06 PM

Maybe, but if it does work, who really in the end loses? Mobo makers sure want this. Calls for more multicard setups/boards.
Some do benefit in business, and hopefully we do as well
a c 130 U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 8:07:24 PM

Well the post went something like this,
Why did you wait JD ? did your fingers refuse to type that Nvidia didnt do something wrong :lol: 
Only joking JD i know you just call it as you see it or beleive it to be.

Mactronix

Well that was it roughly word for word, Guess it was a server glitch or something.
Not that it matters

Mactronix :) 
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 10:56:04 PM

With intel behind it, it has a future, but this isn't their first attemtp this is their second, and even still it's so far from good enough for the target market it wants it's a hard sell, they won't tolerate alot of bugs when it doesn't outstrip SLi/Xfire scaling.

When SLi and Xfire were young you'd put up with more, now, not so much.

I really would want to see what scaling provided with a HD4870X2 and GTX295 both as quads and mixed duals, now that would offer people something they really couldn't do now, and also open up a really world of extended possibilities IMO.

I think the problem is that you neeed the nV and ATi drivers to handle the X2 cards, and that would be something the Lucid chip wouldn't see and couldn't balance for.

Anywhoo, interesting next step, but still far from where they had hyped it.

I just don't know if they'll get it up and working well enough before the whole paradign shifts into new ways of doing things (ray-casting, compute, etc).
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 11:25:14 PM

Well, word is, unless AFR is poor, it wont shine, but who knows
!