Sign in with
Your question

"disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter"

Last response: in Storage
September 26, 2011 4:05:55 AM

Hello,
I removed ide hard drive now i get "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" running windows 7. Any help would be great let me know if you need any more info. I think it has to do with my ide channels in my bios.
September 26, 2011 4:30:34 AM

It's looking for the HD you removed. If your O/S is on another HD then you'll need to edit the registry so it know where it's at.
m
l
September 26, 2011 5:21:11 AM

I don't think I can access my registry file to edit it since it is failing to load. I'm wondering if I reinstall windows one i can save my data and if this will fix my problem. i totally forgot when I last installed windows to unplug the second hd power to prevent this...
m
l
Related resources
September 26, 2011 5:29:00 AM

You can try a Windoze installation "recovery" as long as you don't format the drive you should be OK.
m
l
September 26, 2011 5:33:27 AM

Thanks I will give it a shot and let you know. Also I can run windows repair/install from my win 7 dvd i can see the drive just fine and see the files running cmd.exe
m
l
September 26, 2011 5:43:59 AM

lol I googled windoze thinking it was a 3rd party app to help with this issue and found a funny site. Anyway start up repair says:
Root cause found:
--
The partition table does not have a valid system partition.
repair action: partition table repair
result: complete successfully. error code = 0x0
time taken = 3198ms

still get DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTE DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Well lets try to install it without a format...
m
l
September 26, 2011 6:17:17 AM

First of fixed without reinstalling windows. When i keep seeing that my hdd was present in my bios post as I was looking to install windows it did not see it. So I thought to run diskpart in cmd to activate the drive and see if that fixed it and it did i still had to do some other minor windows repair issues with the 7 dvd but it is fixed.

Thanks for the help.
m
l
!