Torn between Antec 300 Illusion and Lian Li Lancool PCK7-B

toastyy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I am about to order my new build and have been stuck trying to decide between these two cases for the past week.

Lian Li Lancool PCK7-B
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112154

or the Antec 300 Illusion
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

I am in college and share my apartment with a room mate so noise is somewhat important. I don't care but don't want to drive the room mate crazy. I will be running a core i7 920 build and I will be doing some light overclocking so I want to make sure I am getting the best airflow. Also quality is important as I want this case to last for future upgrades!

Any opinions on why I should pick one case over the other is appreciated!

I personally would go with the Lian Li case.

I've always liked the Antec 300. I have the CM HAF, which like the Antec 300 has a fan on the top. It's a nice feature, but it makes me nervous because it's real easy to spill something in there. I make sure I'm always cafeful, but if you have a roomate, he may not be as careful. I like the front panel ports and power switch on top with the Lian Li.

Both are good cases, hard to go wrong.

toastyy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
The computer will be kept in a corner by my desk. We live in an apartment so I am not to worried about him coming by my desk and knocking anything onto it. But it is something to think about!

Thanks for the response guys.

Either case should be good cooling. I prefer the bottom PSU mounting of the Antec since your extra power cables can lay on the bottom out of the way instead of needing tied up somewhere and dangling down over your components blocking airflow.

I agree, that is nice. For top mounted PSUs, I usually tie them up real good and tie them to the top of the chasis or tuck them in empty spaces under the optical drive. It doesn't have to block much airflow. Though, it's not as much of a problem with modular PSUs :D

^ It's a little more expensive than the 2 listed by the OP. But I love the HAF!! I got the 932, it's a little bigger than the 922, but the design is the same. There really isnt' anything about it that I don't like. It's got great airflow, super quiet, good cable management options, front panel switches/ports are on top/front, can mount PSU on top or bottom....could go on and on...