USB printer not recognized

coyote2

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Most of the time, my USB printer is not recognized on one of my XP Pro sp3 computers when using a USB hub.

It works fine in the computer's onboard USB ports. It works fine on the same hub on my other computers. Same story with all 3 of my identical hubs.

I un-/re-installed all the "USB controllers" drivers in Device Manager (I attached PS2 a keyboard & mouse to do so).

It worked for years on these hubs on this computer, until a few months ago. This computer still prints fine over the network to this printer on this hub if the hub is connected to a different computer.

But the other computer isn't always on. And my computers are too far from the printer; I use adjacent hubs mid-way to make connection and switching the printer between computers easy.

What should I try, please?

coyote2

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Thank you very much for your reply, emerald, that sounds like a great Plan B!

I would first still like to make it work on this perfectly good hub, particularly because my router is full so I'd also need to expand my ethernet ports such as by buying a switch.

p.s. I forgot to mention that the hub works fine with all my many other various USB devices.