Second attempt at building a pc

Niden230

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Ok I'm no stranger to building a pc, I've built a gaming pc once before a few years ago and it lasted a good 5 years before being too old to keep up. Now after trying (and failing) at getting a decent cheap gaming laptop I decided to go back to the tried and true desktop but I am very out of touch with what pc parts would be good for today's games and I turn to you the people to advise me on building a good gaming pc that

■Has room to be upgraded with whats coming out.
■Wont be a huge box to lug around as I tend to be on the go quite often.
■Not overly complicated as I want to keep it a simple build.
■Will not be extremely pricey as my price range is to be under 800 (though I will be willing to go over if it can't be helped).
■Will be able to handle any/all games that came out, has come out, and will come out on med-high settings(this includes WoW, Team Fortress 2, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Fallout 3, and etc).
■And will be able to handle picture/video editing and web/graphic design.

So far from what I do know the Intel E8400 wolfdale cpu and the Nvidia gtx 260 are musthaves for a build like this but I want to hear any/all build options that will give me an awsome gaming experience.

You info seems outdated. The intel E and Q series socket 775 CPUs are dead ends. Intel now has the i5/i7 series socket 1156 and 1366 cpus out. The GTX 200 series is also at end of lifespan, ATI has its first 4s model of the DX11 compatible 5000 series out and we are impatiently waiting for nvidia to announce a release date on its DX11 GTX 300 series GPUs.

At your pricepoint I would look at an AMD Phenom II 720 x3 or Phenom II 550 x2 with an AM3 motherboard. Ideally an ATI 5850 GPU, but you may be force to drop to a 5770 due to budget.

If you travel alot, the Coolermaster storm scout is a good case. Has handles on top for easy carrying.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196