Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Driver Issues please help me!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 12, 2009 2:46:50 PM

Hi everyone ^^

Ive recently bought a new Acer gaming pc with a GT 230 1.5GB GPU. The problem is. I cant find any drivers for that card! Even the nvidia driver download thing doesnt have any GT 230 drivers. But it does have GT 220 and 240 which is weird!. Ive heard that the GT 230 is a renamed 9600GT or whatever so i tried downloading some 9600GT drivers but it sais that my hardware doesnt support those drivers and the installation cancells. I dont have any idea of what i should do. I already had some drivers on this card before when i had windows vista 64 bit but then i installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and thats where the problems started. I cant overclock my card or play any games or anything like that!

Thanks!

More about : driver issues

a c 169 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
November 12, 2009 3:09:39 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums :) 
Have you tried the driver for GT 220/240 ?
November 12, 2009 3:14:22 PM

Maziar said:
Hello and welcome to the forums :) 
Have you tried the driver for GT 220/240 ?


WoW stupid me ;P i should have tried those yeah. Im going to try them now and ill reply the results back ^^
Related resources
November 12, 2009 3:14:39 PM

Maziar said:
Hello and welcome to the forums :) 
Have you tried the driver for GT 220/240 ?


yeah and thanks ^^
a c 147 U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 3:15:57 PM

Haha, Mr Anti-ATI has an issue with his Nvidia card. You know, if Nvidia was like ATI and didn't make OEM only cards, you wouldn't have this problem. HAHA.

Here is the link off ACER's website for this video card, try that. If not, try the GTS220 drivers. I believe the 210,220,&230 are clumped together.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles%5CDriver/VGA/VG...
November 12, 2009 3:19:09 PM

jay2tall said:
Haha, Mr Anti-ATI has an issue with his Nvidia card. You know, if Nvidia was like ATI and didn't make OEM only cards, you wouldn't have this problem. HAHA.

Here is the link off ACER's website for this video card, try that. If not, try the GTS220 drivers. I believe the 210,220,&230 are clumped together.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles%5CDriver/VGA/VG...


well the GT220 driver didnt work but ima try the thing you linked me ;)  thanks mate.
November 12, 2009 3:47:45 PM

OKAY IVE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU GUYS TOLD ME BUT NOTHING WORKS!! PLEASE HELP ME!! i wanna use my PC! i wanna play games!!!
a c 147 U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 4:21:39 PM

Just a question. Didn't the PC come pre-loaded with everything installed? Or did you upgrade to Win7 afterwords?
November 12, 2009 4:36:20 PM

jay2tall said:
Just a question. Didn't the PC come pre-loaded with everything installed? Or did you upgrade to Win7 afterwords?


yeah it had vista home premium 64 bit. I torrented windows 7 ultimate 64 bit afterwards. But on my previous ATI pc the drivers worked perfect. Maybe ATI aint too bad after all lol.
a c 147 U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 4:44:05 PM

okini said:
yeah it had vista home premium 64 bit. I torrented windows 7 ultimate 64 bit afterwards. But on my previous ATI pc the drivers worked perfect. Maybe ATI aint too bad after all lol.

Soo you basically have a pirated copy of Win7? That may just be your problem
November 12, 2009 4:50:46 PM

jay2tall said:
Soo you basically have a pirated copy of Win7? That may just be your problem


well it was not a problem on my HP pc but yeah maybe. On the other hand it shouldnt be a problem :S it has the same feutres and all that crap as a real bought W7
a c 147 U Graphics card
November 12, 2009 5:06:30 PM

The GT230 is an OEM only card. It is possible it does not yet have win7 support. I am coming up empty on my searches. You could always contact Acer support and tell them your issue. They may be able to help. However, they may not since Vista originally came with your system. Nvidia may have placed support for this product on the OEM companies and not on their own website. OEM only products are always funny like that.
November 12, 2009 5:12:09 PM

jay2tall said:
The GT230 is an OEM only card. It is possible it does not yet have win7 support. I am coming up empty on my searches. You could always contact Acer support and tell them your issue. They may be able to help. However, they may not since Vista originally came with your system. Nvidia may have placed support for this product on the OEM companies and not on their own website. OEM only products are always funny like that.


hmm yeah ima contact ACER support and hope for any help ;)  thanks ^^
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
November 13, 2009 2:21:21 AM

@okini, Have you tried using using 6 GB of incompatible RAM?
a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2009 2:40:08 AM

[:jaydeejohn:4]
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
November 13, 2009 3:07:18 AM

I had to ask. :whistle: 
a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2009 3:24:29 AM

Well, I hope its not lousy ram.....only buy the good stuff I always say
!