Help me find a NIC please!

Steffwiz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
Been searching for weeks and I thought I finally found a good NIC for my new PC, to find out I need the only PCIe x1 slot it takes up. Although, I wasn't too happy with my max download speed of 50KB/s either.

I've since RMA'd my DWA-556 that I purchased off of Newegg and I am seeking a new card. I am running Windows 7 x64 so it needs to be compatible, and preferably native, so I don't have any extra software running. I need Draft N support so I can connect to the Apple Airport Extreme in my house at optimal speeds and range. I don't want to go USB or NIC to Ethernet, but it can be an option. PCIe x1 is taken so I cannot use that. PCI would be optimal.

I've searched tons of different brands and cards its unbearable. Every card has a bad review or a problem. Even Linksys, my favorite brand for networking, seems to be a bad company when it comes to customer service, and I have reconsidered buying from them.

I really hope I can find a good NIC for my new build. Thanks to everyone, really appreciate it.

Solution
D-Link DWA-552 Xtreme N Desktop Wireless Network Adapter

ImageHandler.ashx

Fully Windows 7 64-Bit Compatible

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=D-Link%20DWA-552%20Xtreme%20N%20Desktop%20Wireless%20Network%20Adapter&v=D-Link&uid=DWA-552&pf=0&pi=5&c=Networking&sc=Wireless%20Network%20Cards&os=32-bit

TRENDING THREADS