What the hell is this interference?!!?

qccoles

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Okay, at completely random times, I will hear a man talking from my computer for a few seconds, but it's impossible to make out what hes saying. It's happened from both speakers and headphones. After this happens, my wired mouse will shut off until i reconnect it.

I honestly have no idea what this is, I have no programs running aside from my antivirus and a game I play..I installed the antivirus after the fact and the game is just a lobby.

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
"I will hear a man talking from my computer" :lol: (sorry, but it's funny!)

Ok, let's see:
Are you connected to the internet when this happens?
Maybe someone is using an internet program, you're also using...

1.If you're not conected to the internet, then maybe you have a background program runing, or somehing like that that has a sound effect (when loading or when scaning something,etc). Check the Task manager under Processes, and try to close the ones not vital. U can also do this with Start>Run>msconfig>services.

2. it could be a sound event from a desktop theme that you hear, try changing your theme or sound scheme.

:hello:

kilo71

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2012
This happened to my mother. She had accidentally enabled the narrator functions so that when she clicked on something it would read it out to her. It would only happen sometimes, like you said at random. You may not be able to understand it because the speed is turned up. Go to Start> Run> Type "narrator" (without parenthesis)> Okay> Exit> Yes.

Hope this helps,
Kilo71