Cannot open hyperlinks from Mozilla Thunderbird email messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricochet_16

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I am now using Mozilla Thunderbird on my Dell Win7 laptop, but I am unable to open hyperlinks inside website email messages, either by left-clicking or right-clicking to open the link in browser. That email account is not used very often, but I believe the "open-link" function did work once upon a time.

Ricochet_16

Solution
You may have to copy and paste the link into your browser, or look in your preferences under you email account, likely under the security settings and see if you can enable hyperlinks. Slowly most email clients have defaulted to turning practically everything off in the body of an email, along with downloads and pictures too sometimes, for security reasons.
You may have to copy and paste the link into your browser, or look in your preferences under you email account, likely under the security settings and see if you can enable hyperlinks. Slowly most email clients have defaulted to turning practically everything off in the body of an email, along with downloads and pictures too sometimes, for security reasons.

Solution

Ricochet_16

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Could it be some of the new antivirus and antimalware programs I recently installed are interfering someway? I just began a free 130 day trial of the Avir Premium Security Suite, which has a firewall and email protection. I also have Adaware Free Internet Security, which does not have a firewall, and I turned off the antivirus engine for that program. And I also installed Emisoft Antimalware. Both are in active protection mode. I am wondering if I should stop the file guard in Emisoft.

I am able to copy the link location of the hyperlink in the Thunderbird email and then paste it into an internet browser to access the hyperlink URLs, but the hyperlinks inside Thunderbird emails used to work. Also, I just made Thunderbird the default email linked to my IE9, but that did not help either.

Ricochet_16

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
You're right, that's probably what happened. Some security settings, from an unkown source, are preventing that. I decided not to use Thunderbird anymore. I am now logging onto my RoadRunner Email Account online from my IE9 browser. I can now open the hyperlinks that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.