Quick Question - OCD SSD & MOBO Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Hello all once again,

The OCD Agility 3 - 60 Gig SSD drive I have in mind for my OS & programs has the following notes/advice:

*Maximum performance is achieved by using the P67 chipset with Native SATA 6Gbps. Please refer to product sheet for additional performance metrics.

If I'm going with a Z68A-D3H-B3 SATA3 Board, am I covered in this manner, as it incorporates the best of H67 & P67?

Further Specifications:

60GB
MLC NAND Flash
Interface: SATA 6Gbps / Backwards Compatible 3Gbps
Native TRIM support
Seek Time: .1ms
Slim 2.5" Design
99.8 x 69.63 x 9.3mm
Lightweight: 77g
Operating Temp: 0°C ~ 55°C
Storage Temp: -45°C ~ 85°C
Low Power Consumption: 2.7W Active, 1.5W Idle
Shock Resistant up to 1500G
RAID Support
Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP 32-bit/64-bit, Mac OSX, Linux
MTBF: 2 million hours
3-Year Warranty

60GB Max Performance*

Max Read: up to 525MB/s
Max Write: up to 475MB/s
Random Write 4KB (Aligned): 50,000 IOP

Solution
Crucial m4 is probably the best overall SATA III SSD. Intel 510 would be next in line (Intel 520 when released is the better choice). Samsung is releasing their 830 model to joins the SATA III race. The Samsung 470 was a very reliable drive for SATA II.

OCZ's issues are not truly their issues. The new Sandforce 2200 controllers have been plagued with random BSOD issues, which has effected the controller across manufacturers. OCZ is probably the best at providing firmware updates to fix the issues.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I believe you are right about the motherboard, although in the end it doesn't make as much difference as the numbers would seem to indicate. You are wrong about the SSD- it is OCZ.

I would suggest that you compare the feedback on that particular model of SSD with other similar models and choose accordingly. OCZ seems to be more trouble-prone than other brands.

jimusic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Like So?...

Interface Chipset:

2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0~SATA3_1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_2~SATA2_5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.

tecmo34

Administrator
Crucial m4 is probably the best overall SATA III SSD. Intel 510 would be next in line (Intel 520 when released is the better choice). Samsung is releasing their 830 model to joins the SATA III race. The Samsung 470 was a very reliable drive for SATA II.

OCZ's issues are not truly their issues. The new Sandforce 2200 controllers have been plagued with random BSOD issues, which has effected the controller across manufacturers. OCZ is probably the best at providing firmware updates to fix the issues.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.