msconfig.exe won't start in XP Professional

I am trying to completely remove an Epson printer driver
from my Windows XP Professional system. Epson detailed a
procedure that requires the msconfig.exe program. When I
try to run this program, ... nothing (apparently) happens.
When I check the the running process in Task Manager,
msconfig is not running. The account that I am logged in
as has administrator privileges. I have also tried to
start msconfig as "Administrator" with the same results.
2 answers Last reply
More about msconfig start professional

    "htk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<012901c48f81$d0b56b00$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
    > I am trying to completely remove an Epson printer driver
    > from my Windows XP Professional system. Epson detailed a
    > procedure that requires the msconfig.exe program. When I
    > try to run this program, ... nothing (apparently) happens.
    > When I check the the running process in Task Manager,
    > msconfig is not running. The account that I am logged in
    > as has administrator privileges. I have also tried to
    > start msconfig as "Administrator" with the same results.

    Go to Start/Run and type 'msconfig' then click OK. Don't try to start
    the program any other way.

    Certain viruses are known to cause this behavior.

    See: http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/windowsxp/antivirus.asp

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "htk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to completely remove an Epson printer driver
    > from my Windows XP Professional system. Epson detailed a
    > procedure that requires the msconfig.exe program. When I
    > try to run this program, ... nothing (apparently) happens.
    > When I check the the running process in Task Manager,
    > msconfig is not running. The account that I am logged in
    > as has administrator privileges. I have also tried to
    > start msconfig as "Administrator" with the same results.

Configuration Epson Msconfig Windows XP