Problem with HD3850 and Accelero

bihael

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Hey guys. I have the weirdest problem. So my brother bought an Gainward HD3850, but since it was too loud for him he bought an Accelero S1 rev. 2. Until then the card worked flawlessly, but after he put on accelero the card stopped working. It doesn't send any signal, but you can feel it is working since it's heating. Weird thing is, he has a crossfire mainboard, and the card actually works on the second pcie port!! Well actually that isn't that weird 'cause you would think that the port is broken, but he borrowed me his card to try if it works on my computer. So i put it in, and it doesn't work. The difference is, my mainboard has onboard graphics and no crossfire, while his has crossfire support but no onboard vga. So, on my computer, when I put the HD3850 inside, the signal goes automatically to the onboard, like this one isn't even connected. So my question is: what the hell is wrong!? How come it works on his mainboard, but only on the secondary pcie port? And also, i tried to disable my onboard vga (Mainboard: Asus M2A-VM) to see what would then happen but I can't figure out how to disable it... Anyway, if anyone knows something or has a similar problem, please help... Thanks in advance xD

Some cards act up like my 7900gtx duo (first quad sli card prior to gx2) and it will only work with intel chipsets. As for the 3850 put the stock cooler back on and see what happens. Check to see if the card is bending slightly or any thing that was cooled by the stock cooler that isn't cooled by the accelero. Not I always and still do think that cooler is crap.

bihael

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Already tried the stock cooler, same thing. I'll try today on a 3rd motherboard to see what happens there..

bihael

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Still didn't come to the third try, I don't have enough time. If anyone has any suggestions what to do, they're all welcome :)