Need a new PCI-express card

extraminty

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I currently have an "A6720Y" HP desktop computer (I believe that's correct, not something I memorize). I purchased this a few months ago to play games, not knowing how bad the graphic card inside was for gaming. The Best Buy employee said it's great so I believe him.

It seems that the card has stopped working like it use to. My game playing is messed up, my graphics are choppy and miscolored, and my FPS went from 60-5. It only seems to be messed up while playing games and everything is just fine while browsing the internet.
I was wondering if someone could recommend me some good PCI-Express cards for gaming. Currently I can only go to a 300W but I am willing to buy a new power supply if the amount is reasonable (I know I'll have to).
Any help will be appreciated!

extraminty

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009

I'm only playing World of Warcraft.
I'd rather not pay too much more than $100 especially if I need to get a new power supply also.

My moniters resolution is 1152x864 (it didn't come with this computer, it's kind of outdated I suppose but I'm not worried about playing games in HD or anything. I just want the best performance).

And this is going to sound absolutely stupid but how do I found out about the amps on the 12-volt rail? I searched but couldn't find anything, but at least I tried! The only thing that came close is that it can only handle a 300W with the current power supply.

No problem.
You'll need to open your case. You know where your powersupply is, I'm assuming; take a good look at it. You should see a sticker. See if, on that sticker, you see something like..

+12@         18A

Something like that.

TRENDING THREADS