Status
Not open for further replies.

justspawn

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
alrighty, have received all my watercooling stuff etc, and am considering a pump/mount?

specs

XSPC raystorm
XSPC EX120
XSPC EX240
EKfc7970 copper acetal
Swiftech mcp655
FrozenQ Helix dual bay Res

Now it says i can mount the pump, but i dont understand how that all works, as nobody really has uploaded any pics of their frozenq pump mount, i cant find anywhere on the net.

Back to the point, if it is mounted how do i then connect the res to the pump via tube? if somebody could give me some through explaining as i dont understand what ive read via forums etc... DERP.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Spawn

+I will also upload a build log and process/videos to the gallery or just create my own thread of me building this BADBOY :pt1cable: obviously once its all done and perfect! :bounce:

Solution
So it still wont work and ill have to buy a seperate mount

Yes, you'll have to purchase the D5 mount for use with this reservoir. They seem to have a modular pump mount and applicable tops that connect with this mount. Just note that you'll have to use the top/mount that is for their reservoir; you can't just go get any one you want and have it work...they make it seem this is a proprietary top.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
FrozenQ is the reservoir, it isn't a pump mount, unless you have something different that isn't shown in your list above? Can you add more info?

Swiftech pumps come with a bracket/mount...I've used mine since day 1.

The res will have a fitting (that you likely have to buy, as you would for all your components), you slide tubing onto the fitting, clamp it (if using a barb). Run the other end of the tubing to your pump inlet. Done.

justspawn

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
No i bought the frozenq dual bay res, it says it can mount any d5/mcp655 pump, so do i have to buy a mount or can i just mount the standard mount that comes with swiftech? Do other mcp655s not come with a mount?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Then yes, from what I am finding, you have to purchase the pump mount in addition if you wish to mount the pump to the res.

Sorry, I just haven't seen this res with these options; most of the Frozen-Q helix res's are cylindrical and stand alone.

justspawn

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Did you not say the pump already comes with a mount?
So i can just mount it to the res? Or
Do i need to buy a seperate mount?
Eg bitspower D5/mcp655 pump mount etc

Spawn

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Ok, just to clear up the confusion- the MCP655 does come with a mounting bracket, but it isn't one that isn't going to work to mount to that reservoir.

Can you post a link to the actual one you bought? I just want to make sure we're discussing the same res.

justspawn

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
"One of the biggest features to be integrated into the Fusion Dual Bay design is the modular pump mount system. Rather than having to purchase a bay reservoir with an integrated pump mount that only works with one style of pump, you can choose to purchase a special pump mount for a MCP355/DDC pump, a D5 pump, or choose to not integrate a pump at all. It's your choice!"

So it still wont work and ill have to buy a seperate mount:)

U can end thread after reply if you like.
Appreciate the help!

Spawn

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
So it still wont work and ill have to buy a seperate mount

Yes, you'll have to purchase the D5 mount for use with this reservoir. They seem to have a modular pump mount and applicable tops that connect with this mount. Just note that you'll have to use the top/mount that is for their reservoir; you can't just go get any one you want and have it work...they make it seem this is a proprietary top.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.