Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Temps Really High

Last response: in Overclocking
March 15, 2012 10:55:39 PM

I have a CM Storm Enforcer (Cable Mangement is not the issue)

I also have a CM Hyper 212 Evo using the Thermal Paste that came with it.

Note: These ARE Idle Temps

Even with all fans running at max (I dunno what speed 4 is but speed5 is my GPU Fan)

I think I need to buy better thermal compound. Whats a good suggestion?

Arctic Silver 5 or MX2?

More about : temps high

March 15, 2012 11:04:08 PM

imtiax said:

http://screensnapr.com/e/LVg0IG.png

Even with all fans running at max (I dunno what speed 4 is but speed5 is my GPU Fan)

Arctic Silver 5 or MX2?

My stock i7 950 Idles at that with a Hyper N520.
March 15, 2012 11:05:23 PM

Is that good or bad? Because I"ve seen many people write they get temps in the 20's degrees Celsius zone using the evo
Related resources
March 15, 2012 11:12:17 PM

imtiax said:
Is that good or bad? Because I"ve seen many people write they get temps in the 20's degrees Celsius zone using the evo

I think that's a tad optimistic, it also depends on the ambient temps. anything can run at sub zero temps if the ambient temp is cold enough.
March 15, 2012 11:13:40 PM

I don't actually have a thermometer to measure my room temps. But my window is always wide open and there is snow outside.
March 15, 2012 11:15:12 PM

As long as it doesn't start melting and doesn't cause issues I wouldn't be too worried about it.
March 15, 2012 11:26:32 PM

imtiax said:

http://screensnapr.com/e/LVg0IG.png

Arctic Silver 5 or MX2?

Your overall temps are not that bad, the cpu is a little high maybe try a bit of Arctic Silver 5, should not have to keep a window open....:) 
March 16, 2012 1:00:25 AM

Idle temperatures are not important and will only show you that you have a problem if there is something grossly wrong with your cooling. You should run Prime95 for a few hours and then report the temperatures to see if you have a problem.
March 16, 2012 1:14:57 AM

Which one do I choose
March 16, 2012 2:02:18 AM

Try the first option, you didn't say if you had a memory problem.

Best solution

March 19, 2012 10:38:21 PM

imtiax said:

People get 20 degrees celsius zone with "perfect" conditions, realistically though, your lowest temps are going to be around the 30 zone on average. I have a Noctua NH-D14 (which I believe is better than the 212?) so I guess I would know? :p 
a c 324 K Overclocking
March 20, 2012 8:34:33 PM

You cannot go cooler than ambient room temps- if someone reports their CPU is at 20C, their room must be 20C (68F) or cooler for this to be true. My guess is there is an issue with what someone perceives their ambient room temp to be along with software that isn't reporting correct CPU temps. Both of these are cause to threads like this; 'I saw someone getting X degree temps, I am getting Y degree temps HELP!'.

Without using the same monitoring software you can't accurately identify what temperatures your cooler will allow at both idle and load.
March 21, 2012 3:46:49 PM

I dont think those temps are bad.... what is it under load?

March 31, 2012 12:04:12 AM

Best answer selected by imtiax.
!