X1400 radeon mobilty

festa_freak

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
I just recently got win xp pro (64-bit) on my laptop. I used to have vista, but xp is just so much faster.

Everything is going ok. I have network drivers and mousepad drivers, and mostly all drivers are working. The only one I cannot find is for my x1400 ati mobility. I'm assuming that there are no win xp 64bit drivers. I find a lot for vista and xp 32bit.

When I try to install the drivers i get a "Thunk.exe inf file is missing" error.

I have tried downloading a few from the dell site (the lappy is a dell) all to no avail. I have been searching for about 2 weeks on and off when I had time and saw many people who have had this Thunk.exe problem but haven't seen a solution.

If any of you have run into this problem before and found out what to do, it would help me so so much.

If nothing happens here I might try to email ati/amd, but I don't know how far that will get me.

Anyways, thanks. battery running low :p

festa

Solution
The official ATi drivers page didn't show a 64 bit driver for that card but they did for 32 bit.

It appears that support for that card was dropped by the time 64 bit drivers were being worked on.

TheViper

Distinguished
The official ATi drivers page didn't show a 64 bit driver for that card but they did for 32 bit.

It appears that support for that card was dropped by the time 64 bit drivers were being worked on.

Solution