What to Help on what i have? Or need to buy?

iori276

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Alright long story short, my wife was on the computer at work and when i got home it didnt work. Alright went through the whole system, re-did Everything, and in any order. Alright didnt work. Wouldnt post or power up at all. So i got a new PSU....Didnt work either.... So must be mobo? borrowed a mobo and still didnt work. So im leaving it up to the CPU since that the common factor in everything i tried. i have an EVGA 680I Mobo. I had a E6700 dual core processor with 2x1gig OCZ 1150mhz ram, Geforce8800GTX PCI-E. Im curious what processor should i get and would you think id need another mobo? I already have a new psu. Just dont want it happening again. Also the cpu heatsink is huge, so im almost positive it didnt overheat, wasnt home, but pretty sure like a 1lb of copper with a 120mm fan on it, with atric silver 5 paste done just right lol. Curious what would be the best solution. Money is kinda tight but im an avid gamer.... or was till the computer broke. Any help would be awesome! Thanks

I would rma any parts still under warranty. Evga has a lifetime warranty on some boards. Intel 3 years on retail boxed cpu. Overclocking? I would skip it next time. I would also try each stick of ram one at a time; disconnect all optical and hardrives and see if you can just get it to the post screen.

iori276

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
did and nothing. i might have to try the intel. EVGA's is up tried that. Figures i get the one that doesnt have a lifetime lol. Thanks, assuming the worst, as thats the only luck i get, what cpu should i get or should i redo the entire mobo/cpu