the_blade88_19

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Here is the deal. I recently reinstalled vista(32bit) and am quite proficient at it (thanks microsoft :fou: ). anyway, I have updated everything and went through all the rigamaroll of getting it up to speed. I installed Crysis and everything went fine when I noticed the game would not start in dx10. If I select the "play in dx10" the screen flashes and the taskbar shows the dx10 icon for a split second and then....nothin.
I can play in dx9 just fine, but on a 32" samsung with 3 way SLI, you notice the difference between dx9 and dx10.
Here is what I have tried to remedy the situation (note: the game worked in dx10 before I reinstalled vista and while I had dual SLI, once I got my third card it quit. It is not an SLI issue though cause I tried 1,2 and 3 cards to no avail. I have reinstalled the game and tried warhead (which does the same thing), I ran dxdiag and it shows that I have dx10. I am not running in compatibility mode and I tried running as an administrator. I reinstalled dx10 from the game files and have yet to install from vista (I just found the stupid runtimes from microsoft, there site sucks to navigate.) I have the latest drivers and even unistalled those and reinstalled. I am at my witts end as I cannot figure out what the issue is. I ran the game form the icon in bin32, no luck, I have been googling my fingers off in order to troubleshoot this. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!! :??:

the_blade88_19

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
ok I recieved some ifo and corrected the problem, i rolled back my grphics drivers (which I had done before, but I had not completely deleted all associated files) and voila, it works.