RAM issues

I have 8GB of Patriot Series ‘Sector 5’ Edition PC 12800. I have an Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer and an i5-750. So far the default speed is 1333mhz with timings of 9-9-9-25. I posted here before when running at 1600mhz timings 9-9-9-24, I get BSOD's in Win 7 Pro. I ran the memory diagnostic and it threw up errors when running at that speed. So naturally I went back to 1333mhz, and the mem tests were fine.

So I assume the RAM is bad, or is it the timings for 1600mhz. I want to OC because my processor never goes above 60c on load when the i5 is running at 3.3GHz. So I feel like an idiot because 8 GB of ddr3 ram ain't cheap. Should I juts give up and leave it at 1333mhz, or should I go and RMA....or get better RAM. Should I play with timings?

I know it's the RAM, and to be honest RMA'ing would leave me with a useless comp. But if I have to I can play on my wife's E8400 until it gets back.
2 answers Last reply
More about issues
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- Yeah, the RAM IMO isn't good.
    2- What voltage are u applying to the RAM?
  2. The voltage is 1.5...max is 1.65. However, the whole thing could bethe RAM was overvolted by that TurboV program. That could have caused it as well. But I figured it out by the time I got the second pair, and OC using the bios instead.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM