Stuck in RAID 0

prrand

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Has anyone else had this issue? I'm building my first workstation with two hdds (non-RAID), one for the OS and programs and the 2nd for data. In the BIOS, the drives show as two in a RAID 0 config. If I try clearing the CMOS (battery, jumper, and pulling the 24-pin from the sys bd), unplugging one drive and reloading the OS, no drives show-up when it's time to partition the drive (but it does in the BIOS). I really just want to have 2 independent hdds.

Set-up is:
ASUS P6X58-E WS
Xeon Dual Core W3550
WD Caviar Blue 500GB, SATA6 x2
Kingston DDR3 ECC 1333 @ 4GB x3
Win 7 Prof 64-bit.

Can anyone make any suggestions for a newbie?

prrand

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Unfortunately, I don't have readily available access to anaother computer I can do that to. I may have one at work I can attempt this on, but in case that's not the case, any other suggestions? I guess I'm not 100% posititve the hdd (s) are not the problem, but I'm pretty confident it's the motherboard.

prrand

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Okay, issue resolved. I just had to click Cntrl-M to go into te Marvell BIOS and remove the RAID config. Next I loaded the HDD outside the ASUS Super Speed setting, loaded the OS on one drive and finally went into Disk Mgmt to set up the 2nd drive as a new volume. Thanks for responding!