53.- USD freight rate for LCD inverter to Germany

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 16, 2004 12:13:19 AM

Hi all,

please help me understand a very strange phenomenon I just run against:

Ordered a FRU 10L1202 "LCD inverter" to repair my son's new TP 390E
from these people: http://www.thinkpadmedic.com/default.asp

They wrote me that freight costs would be more than 50.- USD.

Please tell me that I am not mad: 50.- USD means "fifty", right?

I asked for clearification on this issue but got no reasonable
reply - only some stupid pseudo-logical comments.

Such an inverter is a really small piece (have one here: the broken
one) so I just can not believe it costs more than 50 bucks to have
it shipped over here to Germany.

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E

Should not be nearly that much. I just checked and Global Express Mail to
Germany for 1 pound 3-5 days is only $26USD. Sound like a rape job to me.
You can check your self at www.usps.com
Butch in Florida

"Karl-Heinz Zimmer" <khz@kde.org> wrote in message
[...]

June 16, 2004 2:05:06 AM

Thanks a lot, I am feeling better now. I guess they just want to drive
foreign customers away and concentrate on the USA market...

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E
Föhren Presentations Beyond Limitations Conquer your Desktop
www.fiehr.de www.indeview.org www.kde.org
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 16, 2004 2:05:07 AM

Karl
Keep looking. Every dealer in the US can't be a crook. Maybe someone could
suggest a dealer that is good.

--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E
Föhren Presentations Beyond Limitations Conquer your Desktop
www.fiehr.de www.indeview.org www.kde.org
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 16, 2004 1:13:26 PM

Hi Butch,

thank you for encouraging me. Actually I have given up already since
it seems to be extremely hard to find a dealer who
a) Is having the rare FRU 10L1202 at all and
b) would ship it to me for less than 50 USD.

Seeing lots of auctions for other small items and seeing lots of
www occasions to but other inverters like e.g. the 10L1751 (which
I replaced in my wife's 390X) I wonder why I am so unlucky not to
find an affordable inverter for the 390E.

Now I reached the point to stop looking for that exotic 10L1202
completely and try to purchase a broken 390E in Germany instead
(if I can find one) to use this as replacement-collection for
the good one. :-(

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E
Föhren Presentations Beyond Limitations Conquer your Desktop
www.fiehr.de www.indeview.org www.kde.org
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 16, 2004 1:14:21 PM

Hi Butch,

thank you for encouraging me. Actually I have given up already since
it seems to be extremely hard to find a dealer who
a) Is having the rare FRU 10L1202 at all and
b) would ship it to me for less than 50 USD.

Seeing lots of auctions for other small items and seeing lots of
other www occasions to buy inverters like e.g. the 10L1751 (which
I replaced in my wife's 390X recently) I wonder why I am so unlucky

--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E
Föhren Presentations Beyond Limitations Conquer your Desktop
www.fiehr.de www.indeview.org www.kde.org
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 16, 2004 1:17:13 PM

Hi Butch,

thank you for encouraging me. Actually I have given up already since
it seems to be extremely hard to find a dealer who
a) Is having the rare FRU 10L1202 at all and
b) would ship it to me for less than 50 USD.

Seeing lots of auctions for other small items and seeing lots of
other www occasions to buy inverters like e.g. the 10L1751 (which
I replaced in my wife's 390X recently) I wonder why I am so unlucky
not to find an affordable inverter for the 390E.

Now I reached the point to stop looking for that exotic 10L1202
completely and try to purchase a broken 390E in Germany instead
(if I can find one) to use this as replacement-collection for
the good one. :-(

BTW years ago it was a common joke in (W.)Germany to tell people
"Do you know why they always order _two_ Robotron PCs over there
in eastern Germany?" ... "Because the first one would break
eventually waiting for repair parts could take _years_."

--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E
Föhren Presentations Beyond Limitations Conquer your Desktop
www.fiehr.de www.indeview.org www.kde.org
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 16, 2004 1:18:16 PM

Hi Butch,

thank you for encouraging me. Actually I have given up already since
it seems to be extremely hard to find a dealer who
a) Is having the rare FRU 10L1202 at all and
b) would ship it to me for less than 50 USD.

Seeing lots of auctions for other small items and seeing lots of
other www occasions to buy inverters like e.g. the 10L1751 (which
I replaced in my wife's 390X recently) I wonder why I am so unlucky
not to find an affordable inverter for the 390E.

Now I reached the point to stop looking for that exotic 10L1202
completely and try to purchase a broken 390E in Germany instead
(if I can find one) to use this as replacement-collection for
the good one. :-(

BTW years ago it was a common joke in (W.)Germany to tell people
"Do you know why they always order _two_ Robotron PCs over there
in the DDR?" ... "Because when the first one would break
eventually then waiting for repair parts could take _years_."

--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E
Föhren Presentations Beyond Limitations Conquer your Desktop
www.fiehr.de www.indeview.org www.kde.org
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2004 3:07:56 PM

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to quickly clarify something. My company does not get
negative press and I take complaints seriously. We are in the
business of supplying emergency spare parts and have been doing so
for ten years. Twenty percent of my business is export. Because of
the critical nature of our supply, we do not use USPS for delivery,
tracking, and customs reasons. I have included published rates from
the carriers we do use. I did not have your address and instead used
another customers for the estimate purpose. It is unfortunate that
international shipping is so expensive, especially for small parcels.
I wish there were other reliable time sensitive options.

Jim Fuller
CEO, Advanced Computer Services, Inc.
http://www.acsparts.com
330-785-5200

PS Try these guys: MACLE 49-2837-9110-0. They may be able to get your
part in with another order and save freight.

UPS United States UPS Global Site Guide

Results Summary

Ship From: AKRON, 44319, UNITED STATES
Ship To: WEEZE, 47652, GERMANY
Shipment Date: Wednesday,July 7, 2004
Bill to UPS Account: Yes
Total Shipment Weight: 2 lbs. (**Dimensional Weight applies to one or
more packages, billable weight: 3.0 lbs.)
Drop-off / Pickup: Daily Pickup - I have a daily UPS pickup
Address Type: Commercial
Number of Packages: 1
Packaging: UPS Express Box
Customs Value: 25.00 USD
Duty Type: 03 - Low value
Currency: USD

Package Information

Service Total
(All Packages) Contact UPS by: Latest Pickup Time:

UPS Worldwide Express SM
Guaranteed by: 12:00 P.M.
Friday
July 9, 2004
67.73*
By End of Day
Wednesday
July 7, 2004 By End of Day
Wednesday
July 7, 2004

Result estimates calculated by UPS: Wednesday,July 7, 2004 10:17 A.M.
Eastern Time (USA)

* Rate includes a fuel surcharge.

DHL

Rate Quote
Total Charge for your shipment $ 72.41

Shipment Details
Origin 44319, United States Of America
Destination berlin, Germany
Weight 2 lbs
Dimensions 12 x 8 x 4 inches
Shipment Date Jul 7, 2004
Service Type Worldwide Priority Express (Dutiable)

Charge Details
Shipment Charge $ 62.65
Fuel Surcharge $ 5.01
Pickup Fee $ 3.00

Special Services Selected
Residential Delivery Fee $ 1.75
Total $ 72.41

==============
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2004 9:17:53 PM

Hello Jim,

thank you for the update, I understand your point.

However "time sensitive" was not a concern for me, I could have
waited a few days more.

While you are free to choose the carrier you trust most, I was just
surprised that many other eBay sellers seem to trust the cheaper ones.

I got several different items from the US so far, heavy and light
ones, and therefor I was just not able to understand that such a very
light device could be so expensive in freight costs. Seeing that you
care very much about the carrier makes me understand it a bit better.

Cheers
Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E
Föhren Presentations Beyond Limitations Conquer your Desktop
www.fiehr.de www.indeview.org www.kde.org
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 8, 2004 9:22:16 AM

With respect, give us a friggin' break!

I live in Canada and have had to deal with US sellers who charged
EXORBITANT S/H prices before. I mean, $25 USD to ship a video card????
("Sorry, we only ship to Canada via UPS.") Yeah, okay. Bye bye, chump! I
just moved on to the next seller--one who doesn't GOUGE its clients with
outrageous S/H fees. To this day, I *REFUSE* to do business with ANY
seller who only uses FedEx or UPS as their carrier.

In addition to their higher rates, UPS and FedEx will charge you
additional "brokerage" fees (sometimes in excess of $8) for items that
require you to pay extra taxes and duties. Can you say "extortion?" And
you know what? For all that $$, those carriers aren't REALLY that much
faster than regular ol' USPS.

If you REALLY value your [potential] customers, you'd give them the
choice of which carrier they want, and notify them up-front of what the
risks are. Besides, USPS is hardly the unreliable outfit you make it out
to be.

For example, the package in question weighs 2 pounds and is valued at
$25 USD, right? That means it would EASILY qualify for USPS's "Letter
Post" rate:

http://ircalc.usps.gov/speed.asp?Country=Germany&Pounds...

Airmail Letter Post (4-7 days) is $13.30. (!!) Airmail Parcel (required
if you want insurance) is $15.50

Insurance, by the way, will cost an extra $1.85 for $25 coverage
(assuming you'd actually want to put an insurance on such a
low-valued--and I would assume, used--item!).

So, the total would come to $17.35

Even if you add in a few bucks for "handling," (say, an overall flat fee
of $20) it's still a far cry from outrageous amounts you've cited thus far.

We "international" customers don't have to put up with this kind of BS.
I *STRONGLY* suggest Mr. Zimmer find himself a more accommodating seller.

My 2¢.

ACSJFULLER wrote:

> [...]
> Guaranteed by: 12:00 P.M.
> Friday
> July 9, 2004
> 67.73*
> By End of Day
> Wednesday
> July 7, 2004 By End of Day
> Wednesday
> July 7, 2004
>
> Result estimates calculated by UPS: Wednesday,July 7, 2004 10:17 A.M.
> Eastern Time (USA)
>
> * Rate includes a fuel surcharge.
>

> DHL
>
> Rate Quote
> Total Charge for your shipment $ 72.41
>
> Shipment Details
> Origin 44319, United States Of America
> Destination berlin, Germany
> Weight 2 lbs
> Dimensions 12 x 8 x 4 inches
> Shipment Date Jul 7, 2004
> Service Type Worldwide Priority Express (Dutiable)

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 8, 2004 9:41:18 AM

jfuller@acsparts-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (ACSJFULLER) wrote in message news:<40ec11cc$1_6@news.athenanews.com>...
> Hello Everyone,
> I wanted to quickly clarify something. My company does not get
> negative press and I take complaints seriously. We are in the
> business of supplying emergency spare parts and have been doing so
> for ten years. Twenty percent of my business is export. Because of
> the critical nature of our supply, we do not use USPS for delivery,
> tracking, and customs reasons. I have included published rates from
> the carriers we do use. I did not have your address and instead used
> another customers for the estimate purpose. It is unfortunate that
> international shipping is so expensive, especially for small parcels.
> I wish there were other reliable time sensitive options.
>
> Jim Fuller
> CEO, Advanced Computer Services, Inc.
> http://www.acsparts.com
> 330-785-5200

Why would it make a differecne? I have shipped may things to Europe
and Japan using USPS Global with no problem at all. Some of your
customers may need it next day but you also have to see that some
don't care if it take a couple of weeks for delivery. Mostly it's your
personal choice to use certain shippers. Cost to the customer doesn't
matter to you when they are paying for it. Offer the choice and don't
gouge on shipping.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 8, 2004 6:04:35 PM

JEP wrote:
> jfuller@acsparts-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (ACSJFULLER) wrote in message news:<40ec11cc$1_6@news.athenanews.com>...
>
>>Hello Everyone,
>>I wanted to quickly clarify something. My company does not get
>>negative press and I take complaints seriously. We are in the
>>business of supplying emergency spare parts and have been doing so
>>for ten years. Twenty percent of my business is export. Because of
>>the critical nature of our supply, we do not use USPS for delivery,
>>tracking, and customs reasons. I have included published rates from
>>the carriers we do use. I did not have your address and instead used
>>another customers for the estimate purpose. It is unfortunate that
>>international shipping is so expensive, especially for small parcels.
>>I wish there were other reliable time sensitive options.
>>
>>Jim Fuller
>>CEO, Advanced Computer Services, Inc.
>>http://www.acsparts.com
>>330-785-5200
>>

> Why would it make a differecne? I have shipped may things to Europe
> and Japan using USPS Global with no problem at all. Some of your
> customers may need it next day but you also have to see that some
> don't care if it take a couple of weeks for delivery. Mostly it's your
> personal choice to use certain shippers. Cost to the customer doesn't
> matter to you when they are paying for it. Offer the choice and don't
> gouge on shipping.

Bravo!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 9, 2004 3:08:19 PM

Gentlemen,

ACS policy of using only UPS, Fedex, and DHL comes from years of
experience. While individual needs may vary, our core customers
demand faster service and tracking capabilities that USPS just cannot
offer. We do have experience with the USPS as we use it daily to ship
to APO and military installations worldwide because that it the only
way we can get to certain areas. Whether you agree or disagree with
this policy, it is not fair to say that my company gouges anyone. I
provided the published rates. They were more that the rates we
quoted. We get a discount from the carriers for the volume we do. We,
unlike most companies, go as far as to pass the discount on to the
customer. I even supplied the customer with a contact in his country
who may be able to help him. I am not blowing my own horn here, but
fair is fair. I will do whatever I can to help out, short of changing
my shipping policy. Accusing ACS of gouging is off base.

Jim Fuller
http://www.acsparts.com
330-785-5200

==============
a b D Laptop
July 9, 2004 8:09:21 PM

ACSJFULLER wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> ACS policy of using only UPS, Fedex, and DHL comes from years of
> experience. While individual needs may vary, our core customers
> demand faster service and tracking capabilities that USPS just cannot
> offer.

Well, that's not really what Mr. Zimmer "demanded," was it.

> We do have experience with the USPS as we use it daily to ship
> to APO and military installations worldwide because that it the only
> way we can get to certain areas. Whether you agree or disagree with
> this policy, it is not fair to say that my company gouges anyone.

We just call it as we see it.

> I provided the published rates. They were more that the rates we
> quoted. We get a discount from the carriers for the volume we do. We,
> unlike most companies, go as far as to pass the discount on to the
> customer. I even supplied the customer with a contact in his country
> who may be able to help him. I am not blowing my own horn here, but
> fair is fair. I will do whatever I can to help out, short of changing
> my shipping policy.

Indeed--what strange business practices... Unwilling to "bend the rules"
(rules that are readily bent for APO/military addresses), yet willing to
give up a sale and point the client to a competitor.

Strange... But, whatever tickles your pickle, bud.

Anyway, hopfully Mr. Zimmer will find what he's looking for back in his
home country.

> Accusing ACS of gouging is off base.

No it isn't. But hey, look on the bright side: you're hardly the only
"gougers" out there.

> Jim Fuller
> http://www.acsparts.com
> 330-785-5200
>
> ==============
> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 10, 2004 3:25:21 AM

Am Freitag, 9. Juli 2004 18:09 schrieb EM:

> ACSJFULLER wrote:
(...)
>> I provided the published rates. They were more that the rates we
>> quoted. We get a discount from the carriers for the volume we do.
>> We, unlike most companies, go as far as to pass the discount on
>> to the customer. I even supplied the customer with a contact in
>> his country who may be able to help him. I am not blowing my
>> own horn here, but fair is fair. I will do whatever I can to help
>> out, short of changing my shipping policy.
>
> Indeed--what strange business practices... Unwilling to "bend the
> rules" (rules that are readily bent for APO/military addresses),
> yet willing to give up a sale and point the client to a competitor.
>
> Strange... But, whatever tickles your pickle, bud.
>
> Anyway, hopfully Mr. Zimmer will find what he's looking for back in
> his home country.

In the meanwhile I got the device from a nice guy in the U.K.
Of course shipping charges were a lot less.

I am not angry or disappointed about ACSParts -- just quite astonished.

Everybody is free to decide his own rules, and so is the customer.

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E
Föhren Presentations Beyond Limitations Conquer your Desktop
www.fiehr.de www.indeview.org www.kde.org
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 10, 2004 7:43:58 AM

Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz@kde.org> wrote in message news:<3953958.hAAcBPF4d6@linhelp10.org>...
> Am Freitag, 9. Juli 2004 18:09 schrieb EM:
>
> > ACSJFULLER wrote:
> (...)
> >> I provided the published rates. They were more that the rates we
> >> quoted. We get a discount from the carriers for the volume we do.
> >> We, unlike most companies, go as far as to pass the discount on
> >> to the customer. I even supplied the customer with a contact in
> >> his country who may be able to help him. I am not blowing my
> >> own horn here, but fair is fair. I will do whatever I can to help
> >> out, short of changing my shipping policy.
> >
> > Indeed--what strange business practices... Unwilling to "bend the
> > rules" (rules that are readily bent for APO/military addresses),
> > yet willing to give up a sale and point the client to a competitor.
> >
> > Strange... But, whatever tickles your pickle, bud.
> >
> > Anyway, hopfully Mr. Zimmer will find what he's looking for back in
> > his home country.
>
> In the meanwhile I got the device from a nice guy in the U.K.
> Of course shipping charges were a lot less.
>
> I am not angry or disappointed about ACSParts -- just quite astonished.
>

> Everybody is free to decide his own rules, and so is the customer.
>
> Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz

I understand you are out nothing with the US company but this is one
example of the problems with a lot of companies, unwillingness to use
the least expensive way to ship. He uses 3 fine shippers but thay are
not the cheapest way to ship over seas for small items. USPS is almost
always least expensive for small over seas items. He also stated that
the board you needed was appeox 2 lbs. I iund that hard to believe.
Box, wrap and product probably 6 oz or so and USPS global would have
been the way to go. I still say that sellers need to offer the
cheapest choice to customers, make the customer sign a waiver or
something but at least offer the choice. Most would consider it
gouging when shippers charge handling charge when they could use free
USPS envelopes and boxes and they deal in mail order.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 10, 2004 5:10:52 PM

Dear Mr. Fuller,

Sorry to butt in, however I would like to point out
that your position is entirely unreasonable, even if
stated as politely as it was stated.

You are in effect stating that the choice of shipping
methods and carriers belongs to the seller, not to the
buyer. Your "experience" notwithstanding, the decision
on how to ship a product once it was purchased should
belong to the buyer, especially since it is the buyer
who pays for shipping

Sellers should offer buyers access to all shipping
methods and carriers that are available -- period.

dk

"ACSJFULLER" <jfuller@acsparts-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Gentlemen,
>
> ACS policy of using only UPS, Fedex, and DHL comes from years of
> experience. While individual needs may vary, our core customers
> demand faster service and tracking capabilities that USPS just cannot
> offer. We do have experience with the USPS as we use it daily to ship
> to APO and military installations worldwide because that it the only
> way we can get to certain areas. Whether you agree or disagree with
> this policy, it is not fair to say that my company gouges anyone. I
> provided the published rates. They were more that the rates we
> quoted. We get a discount from the carriers for the volume we do. We,
> unlike most companies, go as far as to pass the discount on to the
> customer. I even supplied the customer with a contact in his country
> who may be able to help him. I am not blowing my own horn here, but
> fair is fair. I will do whatever I can to help out, short of changing
> my shipping policy. Accusing ACS of gouging is off base.
>
> Jim Fuller
> http://www.acsparts.com
> 330-785-5200

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 11, 2004 4:34:47 AM

Am Samstag, 10. Juli 2004 12:43 schrieb JEP:
(...)
> He also stated that the board you needed was appeox 2 lbs. I iund
> that hard to believe. Box, wrap and product probably 6 oz or so
> and USPS global would have been the way to go.

Yes, the item was not heavier than an FRU10L1751? ;-)

I was trying to buy a tiny LCD inverter board, not a box of candy.

> I still say that sellers need to offer the cheapest choice to
> customers, make the customer sign a waiver or something but at
> least offer the choice. Most would consider it gouging when
> shippers charge handling charge when they could use free USPS
> envelopes and boxes and they deal in mail order.

ACK

For me the consequences are clear: I concentrate on eBay (where I
have the freight costs clearly stated in most auctions) and on a few
companies that allow me to choose from two or more carrier options:
including one of the cheaper ones.

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz <mailto:khz@indeview.org> <mailto:khz@kde.org>
Zimmer I n d e V i e w K D E
Föhren Presentations Beyond Limitations Conquer your Desktop
www.fiehr.de www.indeview.org www.kde.org
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 11, 2004 12:18:58 PM

Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:

> Am Samstag, 10. Juli 2004 12:43 schrieb JEP:
> (...)
>
>>He also stated that the board you needed was appeox 2 lbs. I iund
>>that hard to believe. Box, wrap and product probably 6 oz or so
>>and USPS global would have been the way to go.
>

> Yes, the item was not heavier than an FRU10L1751? ;-)
>
> I was trying to buy a tiny LCD inverter board, not a box of candy.

Oh man! 2 POUNDS for a laptop's LCD inverter board?! Those things are
like the size of a middle finger! ;)

And the guy DARES to tell us that it's not fair that we call him a gouger?

>>I still say that sellers need to offer the cheapest choice to
>>customers, make the customer sign a waiver or something but at
>>least offer the choice. Most would consider it gouging when
>>shippers charge handling charge when they could use free USPS
>>envelopes and boxes and they deal in mail order.
>

> ACK
>
> For me the consequences are clear: I concentrate on eBay (where I
> have the freight costs clearly stated in most auctions) and on a few
> companies that allow me to choose from two or more carrier options:
> including one of the cheaper ones.
>
> Karl-Heinz
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 20, 2004 8:08:52 PM

I've tried to clear things up, not make excuses.

The facts on the "gouging" issue:

1.) I use tier one carriers, excepting military installations.

My clients are mostly corporate or institutional, and care about the
features that you do not.

My logistics department requires more accountability than the USPS can
offer.

My accounting department prefers the additional fraud protection and
accountibility through UPS and DHL.

UPS uses the dimension of the box to calculate weight. That is where
the two pounds comes from.

2.) I quoted less than the published rate for the shipment.

3.) I gladly offered whatever help I could to the client.

4.) I have responded to this post in kind.

5.)Mr. Koren, welcome aboard! I understand that arguement and respect
it. However credit card companies and freight companies have made
that option too risky for my company to offer. CC companies require
proof of signature from the carrier to match the name on the cc
order. Mr. Mailman is not as careful as Mr. UPS. Fedex was not listed
on my original quote because they charge back unpaid or disputed
customs and carrier charges to the shipper, even if the client has an
account! Old school says that the title and risk pass to the buyer
when the product is picked up, but that has sometimes proven to not
be the case. At least Karl-Heinz just declined to order. Some guys
aren't so nice and use the loopholes to get out of paying at all.
That is another big reason why I won't waiver

6.) Our shipping software has an upgrade which allows for USPS and
promises to close some of the loopholes. Someday I hope I can satisfy
you guys and offer the choice.

7.) EM I have a feeling you know exactly what the weight and
dimensions of a middle finger are ;)  ;)

Thanks for reading and good luck!!!

Jim

http://www.acsparts.com

==============
a b D Laptop
July 21, 2004 12:11:31 PM

Hi Jim,

thank you for updating me again.

While your posting does not introduce a new argument, let me state
(to prevent misunderstandings) that I do _not_ accuse you in any
way:

1. You are free to determine the carrier, if you wish to do that.

2. You were fair to inform me about the high costs and nicely
asked me if I wanted to cancle or to continue the deal under
this circumstances.

So there is _no_ reason for saying any bad things about you.

However besides from that, I still do not think it is very wise
to act like this.

But: It's your business, not mine, so why not.

Of course I wish you will continue having enough (big) customers
not careing as much about the dime as I little man have to do. ;-)

Cheers
Karl-Heinz

Am Dienstag, 20. Juli 2004 22:08 schrieb ACSJFULLER:

> I've tried to clear things up, not make excuses.
>
> The facts on the "gouging" issue:
>
> 1.) I use tier one carriers, excepting military installations.
>
> My clients are mostly corporate or institutional, and care about the
> features that you do not.
(...)
--
!