SP2 Windows Security Center Problem

I have just installed SP2 on XP Professional. I have Norton SystemWorks 2004
with all current updates installed. This includes Norton AntiVirus.

Windows Security Center reports that although Norton AntiVirus is installed,
the status is unknown. Everything within Norton SystemWorks reports that the
AntiVirus is current and functional. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanks for any help.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows security center problem

    You don't need to fix anything. Just keep loading Norton updates, and it will
    go away.

    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/faq.html

    Good Luck!
    ---
    How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
    for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com

    How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

    Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
    (Links to online virus scans on the same page)

    smtjs wrote:

    > I have just installed SP2 on XP Professional. I have Norton SystemWorks 2004
    > with all current updates installed. This includes Norton AntiVirus.
    >
    > Windows Security Center reports that although Norton AntiVirus is installed,
    > the status is unknown. Everything within Norton SystemWorks reports that the
    > AntiVirus is current and functional. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
    > Thanks for any help.
    Hi

    After installing XP Service Pack 2, the message "Your computer might
    be at risk . . . " appears
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2004070814522613?OpenDocument&tpre=&csm=no&src=con_web_nam

    and

    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/faq.html

    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/support_doc.html

    If you are not able to get the warning to go away, you can
    turn it off manually:

    Control Panel/Security Center, click on the "Change the Way Security
    Center Notifies Me" link in the left pane.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Configuration Norton Windows Security Antivirus Windows XP