SP2 Windows Security Center Problem

September 1, 2004 12:27:06 AM

I have just installed SP2 on XP Professional. I have Norton SystemWorks 2004
with all current updates installed. This includes Norton AntiVirus.

Windows Security Center reports that although Norton AntiVirus is installed,
the status is unknown. Everything within Norton SystemWorks reports that the
AntiVirus is current and functional. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 3:09:02 AM

You don't need to fix anything. Just keep loading Norton updates, and it will
go away.

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/faq.html

Good Luck!
---
How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
http://www.fixyourwindows.com

How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

"smtjs" wrote:

> I have just installed SP2 on XP Professional. I have Norton SystemWorks 2004
> with all current updates installed. This includes Norton AntiVirus.
>
> Windows Security Center reports that although Norton AntiVirus is installed,
> the status is unknown. Everything within Norton SystemWorks reports that the
> AntiVirus is current and functional. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
> Thanks for any help.

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 3:25:02 PM

smtjs wrote:

> I have just installed SP2 on XP Professional. I have Norton SystemWorks 2004
> with all current updates installed. This includes Norton AntiVirus.
>
> Windows Security Center reports that although Norton AntiVirus is installed,
> the status is unknown. Everything within Norton SystemWorks reports that the
> AntiVirus is current and functional. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
> Thanks for any help.
Hi

After installing XP Service Pack 2, the message "Your computer might
be at risk . . . " appears
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/doc...

and

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/faq.html

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/support_doc.html

If you are not able to get the warning to go away, you can
turn it off manually:

Control Panel/Security Center, click on the "Change the Way Security
Center Notifies Me" link in the left pane.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: