I have z5500 speakers

darkzor

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
im looking for a sound card $100 - $150 (cad) for my logitech z5500 speakers, will be used for music gaming movies. any suggestion ??

Well I would hop on Newegg or your preffered and type in X-fi and get the best you can afford creative is not the only people that use the X-fi processor anymore and there are good choices I have the Fatality champian hooked up to my Z5500 love it over kill sound card I know now but still love it :)

Look at this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102024&cm_re=x-fi-_-29-102-024-_-Product

Not sure what 99 us is in CAD but I'm guessing in your range. And this is the new one with PCI-e connector mine hase PCI you need to poke around in your case and see which one you need..

T

I would recommend the ASUS Xonar DX (PCIe) or Xonar D1 (PCI).
Both offer excellent sound quality and a full feature package.
For your best sound quality, use the analogue connections as these cards create a better analogue signal than the z5500's onboard DAC.

Stay away from Creative's offerings, they are extremely subpar and overpriced.

HT|Omega and Auzentech also both offer high quality cards and anything from either manufacturer is a ready alternative.
I would however recommend sticking with the C-Media CMI8788 (AKA Oxygen HD) chipset, the same as in all the Xonar cards.
It is the newest offering from C-Media and offers an excellent feature package along with high quality sound.