Help With Case Selection (<$100)

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Cases
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
November 5, 2009 2:13:28 AM

Hey guys, I JUST finished choosing my parts list earlier and my girlfriend informed me that she's going to buy my case. This means I can get a slightly more expensive case than previously planned. Here are the qualifications, and it'd be great if you guys could give me some suggestions based on this:

- Less than $100
- Has a top fan
- Clear side/something else that looks really cool and stands out lol

That's about it! lets hear what the guru's have to say!

**On a quick side note, can I jack the (aftermarket) Samsung CD/DVD drive I put in my Dell last year and put it in the new build, or do I need driver software for it? I can't remember if I needed the driver software disc or not for it, if I do, I'll buy a new one because I have no clue where that disc would be.

More about : case selection 100

November 5, 2009 2:16:56 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This case has been getting a lot of my attention lately. You may not like the front bezel having a door as it might get in the way, but I like it. All personal preference really.

Also for the drive, it should be fine. Plug and play pretty much.
m
l
November 5, 2009 2:20:29 AM

Nice option onyx, thanks for the speedy reply on the case and drive!
m
l
Related resources
November 5, 2009 2:22:33 AM

Also list a few of the parts which you are going to put in, if you have a large video card, it may not fit in some mid cases.
m
l
November 5, 2009 2:25:20 AM
November 5, 2009 2:34:55 AM

Ok it should fit, I was also looking if you were going for an aftermarket CPU cooler which you aren't.

Another reason why I like that case is the placement of the usb and audio jacks. Take note of that if you plan on using those if you do consider that case.
m
l
!