Normal Behaviour?

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I recently completed a (re)build of my computer.
So, I picked up a Core i3-530 and a Biostar T5XE motherboard, along with some OCZ DDR3-1066 RAM to replace my old ASUS AMD board (Supposed "3-year" warranty...).

There are some "issues" with this board and memory which I'm not entirely sure are normal.

First, the board will hang after changing certain settings in the BIOS, mainly to do with RAM.
Also, the board, when shut down and then restarted right after, will wait for the CPU fan to spin down and then the system will power on again.

There are also apparently quite a few errors (Memtest86+) that are showing up on the sticks. I've already RMA'd them once, and the new sticks seem to have even more errors on them, even after increasing the voltage to 1.65V (at 7-7-7-16-1T, Dual Channel).

On another issue, the system will hang coming out of standby. It won't respond to anything but a 4-second hard-off and restart (with Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04). (I don't know if this is the right section to post this question in...)

Any ideas?

Solution
Well, DDR3 1066MHz and 1333MHz tend to have relatively loose timings because they are intended for budget builds, which don't overclock mainly. Thus I'd just change it to 7-7-7-16-2T or 8-8-8-20-1T, and see if you get any stability errors.
Well, DDR3 1066MHz and 1333MHz tend to have relatively loose timings because they are intended for budget builds, which don't overclock mainly. Thus I'd just change it to 7-7-7-16-2T or 8-8-8-20-1T, and see if you get any stability errors.

Solution