Macbook Black ssd upgrade?

thr33k

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying an ssd for my macbook but I need help choosing the right one, I have no idea which one to go for. My macbook's specs: early 2008 macbook black, osx leopard (soon to be lion!), 2gb Ram, 2.4ghz c2d. I want to use use it for the OS and a couple of programs so it doesn't have to have loads of storage. Would this ssd be a good choice, OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SATA II 2.5-inch? Any help and advice would be appreciated thanks!

G

Its good. Have you thought about having both an ssd and a hdd? If you don't use the optical drive you can plug the ssd in the area where the optical drive is with a converter and a holder like thing. I was planning to do this because my optical drive is broken/I never use it. But I couldn't since my ancient 2006 macbook has a SATA I port instead of a SATA II and therefore can only take minimum advantage of an ssd.

thr33k

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Top idea, I think I might do that I don't think I've used the optical drive for maybe a year or so it won't be missed! So would you say the ssd I mentioned is the best for what I want or are there other potential contenders out there/?