Sign in with
Your question

Where are amd graphics card made in?

Last response: in Overclocking
March 16, 2012 2:10:18 PM

I bought one recently and it says made in china, are they made in china normally?
The one i bought was xfx amd 6850:
http://www.ebuyer.com/290512-xfx-hd-6850-1gb-gddr5-dual...

I bought it off ebay so i'm checking to see if it's real.
Thanks.

More about : amd graphics card made

a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a c 190 K Overclocking
March 16, 2012 2:35:25 PM

I'd check the serial number, email it to xfx and ask if its genuine, I don't see why it wouldn't be though,
rolex's are easy to copy, graphics cards not so much :p 
Moto
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
March 16, 2012 2:40:30 PM

Normally most GPU's are made in Taiwan/ mainland china.

AMD/NVIDIA just make the reference design of the video cards, then they ship those references designes to companies like XFX who then create their own version (either with a better cooling solution than the stock reference design, or just keep it and slap their logo on it).
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
March 16, 2012 2:43:48 PM

Wow counterfeiting GPU's what next...lmao...Its genuine, geez
March 16, 2012 3:06:43 PM

Ok Thank you guys, I've sent the model number and pictures to AMD anyway just to make sure. I just wasn't sure because you know what counterfeiting is like these days..
a b K Overclocking
March 16, 2012 3:15:44 PM

The intial start-up of a GPU counterfeiting operation wouldn't be economically viable as there would be a tremendous amount of overhead i.e. very low profit margin....BTW...e-bay sux...buy your parts new.That goes for all parts: cars, computers, any type of item really they are all manufactures seconds or some overused pos someone is trying to pawn off as in great condition...All of the auction sites used to be great until rip-offs, scams, and idiots ruined it..P.T. Barnum was a genius as quoted: "There is a sucker born every minute".
!