Antec nine hundred fans

Bingy

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
OK so I just plugged my cpu fan on my true-120 into a chassis socket and reduced it from 2100rpm to 1200rpm and know the fans that are the loudest are my antec nine hundred stock fans.

I was wondering how would I manually change the speed of them since they have a molex end on them.

I have about 3 molex cords on my Corsair 750TX PSU and ithink they all got the 3pin connection on the end. So i was wondering

For each 3 fans I attach a seperate moxel cord to them and then plug the 3 pin connecter on the end of the 3 cords into the chassis sockets. How ever I can only do this with 2 fans cause one chassis socket is taken up

Also because theres like 2/3 moxel connectors on each cord can I have 2 fans on one cord and then put the 3 pin into the chassis socket so that if you change the speed of the fan on one chassis it will change it for the 2 fans(cause 2 fans are on the one lead)?

Thanks.

The Antec 900 case fans use 12 volts from the drive molex connectors. Total fan power consumption on HIGH is a little over 1 amp, so it really does not matter how many you plug in where. Each fan is controlled by its own speed switch.

I modded my cases by cutting three extra holes:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-264112_10_0.html

Then I plugged the top & rear fans together and the two front fans together, then plugged the two fan cables into two different molex connectors.

I am using a Scythe S-Flex SF21-F (0 - 1600 rpm) on my TRUE. Seems to have been a good choice. Q9550 (OC'd to 3.6 GHz) core temps are around 60 C under load at 1.3625 volts.

I discovered that running the case fans faster than LOW had no effect on my CPU temps.

myriad46

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
I bought a case with one rear fan (2 wire molex) and successfully spliced it with a 3 wire fan (motherboard connector) then plugged them together onto the motherboard so I could control both. Works great.

The Antec 900 fans all have 3way switches already; I run them all at low. I can clearly hear my seagate HDD plinging louder than the fans when it is running so I cant see how making them quieter will help much.

How you plug them in doesnt matter, I have the top and front two fans all plugged together into one molex and the rear fan on a separate one.

I think this cheap cable will let you plug them into the motherboard so you can software control them.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119149