RealWild1

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2003
Hello,

After living abroad and having my longtime stable desktop PC unplugged for nearly a year, I've come back to it with BIOS issues. When I initially booted it for the first time after this long unplug, of course I had to reset the system time in CMOS, but it also booted with an error stating 'No drive attached to FastTrak controller, The BIOS is not installed.'

The computer booted fine but then when I got into windows, I had 2 new devices found - a RAID controller(makes sense) and an audio device. The audio device was the onboard sound for the motherboard - SoundMax AD1985 - and the RAID/IDE controller was the Promise FastTrack SATA378 IDE controller. The audio device was a simple driver reinstall to fix and it works, but reinstalling the driver for the IDE controller stated the device wasn't able to start(also no surprise there).

After flashing the BIOS in an attempt to fix things, the IDE controller started working but then I lost the 3Com Gigabit DM 3C940 NIC... can't win. I reflashed the BIOS to an older version to get back my net access and lose the IDE controller that was really hindering nothing as I've got a single HDD, but this just isn't good enough. I've tinkered with it a bit more but am reluctant to start pulling everything apart. Is my mobo going? Should I try different versions of BIOS? Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks!