Slipepd mobo in without these "uplifting" thumbscrews

noktek

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
hi everyone, im trying to put my machine together and i already did quite a deadly mistake, as threadtitle sais i slipped my mobo in the case without knowing i had to place these "uplifting" screws in. i then realized there was something wrong and removed the mobo. the internal part of the case now shows slight signs of scratching.

how much did imess up? any chances the thing wont turn on anymore?

ajsellaroli

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007

Ok, so If I understand correctly, You're saying that you screwed your motherboard directly into the case?

The screws you left out (the "uplifting" screws) looked like this, correct?

schraube_abstandshalter.jpg

I don't think you've messed anything up too badly if that's the case. Your motherboard should be fine - only way to find out is to put the spacers in, screw the motherboard down the right way, and test it out.

The scratches on your case are from the motherboard's contacts (on the underside of your mobo). When you install the mobo the right way, it'll cover the scratch marks..if you were worried about aesthetics.

noktek

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
hey, everything is working perfectly^^yeah those are the screws i forgot and no, i did not really screw the mobo to the chassis, just slipped it in to make the holes align, and that was enough to cause the scratches

anyway, as said, everything has been put together and now works!
thanks for the comforting opinions :)

4745454b

Titan
As you found out you'll scratch the metal, but as long as you don't power up your fine. I often put the mobo in the case to make sure I know where the standoff should go. Not a big deal, just don't power up.