Thermal Paste for H100

Hey all,

I'm looking for a new thermal paste for my H100. I know the thermal paste that comes with it is excellent, but sadly I was recently forced to remove my H100, and from what I've heard you should apply a new paste if you happen to remove the cooler at any point.

My problem is that I've found nothing but conflicting information on what thermal paste I should buy. It seems like AS5 used to be king of the hill, but better alternatives are now around. Anyone able to help me?

Thanks for the help

Also: I'm not sure if the is the right place to post this, as I'm really looking for thermal paste, and the H100 isn't a true water cooler anyway. If necessary please move it to the appropriate forum.
4 answers Last reply
More about thermal paste h100
  1. You could reapply the paste if it is still in good shape. If you want read up on some thermal comparisons by our own 4ryan6, this is a good sticky to start in: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/268354-29-thermal-compound-roundup-2011
  2. I have an H50 and use Arctic Silver on it, seems to work perfectly.
  3. AS5 is probably the cheapest one you could get buying retail.
  4. prolimatech PK1, Shinetsu(what corsair use on their units), Arctic coolings MX , ICD 7 or 24

and yeah i would say AS5 as well.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Cooling Thermal Compound Overclocking