question on transfer

Im going to get a new computer soon and would like to transfer the custom
content I downloaded along with my saves. Where are these files located on
my HD?

Laurie

i believe you will find these files in
mydocuments/eagames/thesims2/downloads

"Drew C." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Im going to get a new computer soon and would like to transfer the custom
> content I downloaded along with my saves. Where are these files located on
> my HD?

What would happen if I transfer the save game files but not the downloaded
stuff?

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:41:59 -0500, Drew C. <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> What would happen if I transfer the save game files but not the
> downloaded stuff?

That would depend on what you have downloaded. If you download packed
lots with families, these will take on a life of their own after they are
unpacked. If however you have downloaded modified objects, these will
disappear and the Sims will try to live their life without them. I have no
idea what happens if you have downloaded facial features, hair colors etc
and used them on your Sims.

good sign." -G

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 03:47:54 -0000, Paul Anderson <pander@shell.core.com>
wrote:

>>> i believe you will find these files in
>>> mydocuments/eagames/thesims2/downloads
>
> Only if you are running Windows. Not a good assumption any more.

It's an incredibly good assumption if people don't know where their files
are.

good sign." -G