I want a Sapphire Vapor X 5870!!!

Viking445

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I already know what card i want and have the money to buy it no problems! I just can't find one for sale ANYWHERE! :cry:

*slams head on keyboard!* WTF ATI/AMD!!

Anyone know where i can find one of these cards? I'v only been able to find one online store that has then listed (out of stock ofcourse). Can I just buy right from Sapphire?

Thanx
Art

Great card. Truly awesome noise control.

I'd also wait until NVidia releases their card which should realign the HD58xx prices after a few weeks. I know it's hard to wait.

Besides, NVidia might have something better. Here's my main issues:

1. I want low idle power
2. I want physics (PhysX)
3. Bang for the buck.

All being equal, I'll go with NVidia. The HD5870 1GB uses 27W during idle. If NVidia can get below 40W for something similar (and the same price). I'll go with NVidia.

NVidia also has CUDA initiatives and seems to be dealing with other software companies better.

However, I've been waiting for years for really good video Transcoding so I'm not holding my breath for good software to materialize. By the time it does I'll probably be on to another card.

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

lol you want bang for the buck and yet you buy nvidia cards? anything new that they will come out with will be anything but.

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

I think you mean you want just "PhysX" not physics. Physics are available in every game without the need for NVidia hardware. Look at Crysis, it has probably the best physics around, and while it's part of NVidia's "The Way It's Meant to be Played" program, it does not require PhysX for its large amount of physics.

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007

Which frys had the cards? What city?

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008

Why the **** are people falling for this?! PhysX is DEAD and USELESS. It was useless before and now with direct X 11's compute shaders it is totally dead now. PhysX is NOT an incentive to do ANYTHING, it is a non-issue.

firstly, CUDA probably won't be here for a lot longer because of opencl (cross platform, cross vendor) and DirectCompute as part of DX11 (windows, cross vendor)

also PhysX, not many use it and until its used for something useful like real path bullets (like how they drop over time, wind resistance) i don't care, also if havok gets ported to copencl or DirectCompute (especially the latter), it will more than likely get used more (the source engine uses it)

spider83

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007

Ya, and everytime I got a notification, the card was sold out in seconds. I would literally receive the email, click on the link, and they were gone.

So I said hell with it and paid premium on ebay after 2 months of trying to get this card. Have 3 monitors sitting here for no reason. Getting irritating. :)

leon2006

Distinguished
Viking445

If really want one call this Frys Store number 512 733 7000 and ask to be connected to the video card section.

They still have it Asus 5870 for $389. Its not on their website. You have to instruct the salesman to walk and check the shelves. XFX 5850 is also available.